3. Oasis of the Seas
We sailed on the Oasis of the Sea to the Western Caribbean but Tropical storm Beryl had threatened to make it an Eastern Caribbean cruise BUT at embarkation it changed back to the original cruise schedule. So some fun of "where are we going?" BUT MAKE SURE TO HAVE SETSAIL PAPERWORK HANDY!! It makes it much smoother. I think the A/C didn't work in any area of the ship. Hallways, stairways, elevators were extremely warm. Even the areas NOT next to exit doors, by the pool, etc. I usually carry a sweater or jacket but the only place I needed it was for the ice show. There are a lot of activities to do onboard but the hours of operation seem small, especially when you realize it has 4000+ guests to accommodate. Always read the daily newsletter they leave on the door. I only booked an interior cabin because we are hardly in it. Why waste extra money on the room you are barely in? Save it for activities, excursions or beverages. But it smelled funny, like septic from the bathroom. I didn't notice as much in my parents balcony room. We were on the 9th floor & their balcony was the 10th. Even on the 9th floor we had white noise hum of the engines! I knew when we were in port because it was quiet. I didn't hear much hallway noise in the room so that was good. I highly recommend scheduling with the MyTime dining or the wait can be extremely long. It is worth it to go to the Main Dining & get pampered with your meals. Who wants to go to the buffet & serve yourself? And the food in the Main Dining is fabulous. Different choices every night. My son joked that he'd hate to be the guy that has the job to change out the menus daily. The shows are ok but not outstanding. No kid (mine is 18) wants to sit for 2+ hours for Cats even with an intermission. The shows were themed for young (under 12) or adults. You won't find a new show every evening. But don't miss the show outside at the Aqua Theater. And make sure to schedule dinner & show times so you don't overlap. It was usually an hour or longer for dinner (it shows to allow up to 2 hours) but it did cover appetizers, main course, & dessert. Go to the Spa Pamper Party & get a great deal on a Spa package!! I loved mine, it covered 7 massages for $99. My son did the Men's package also for $99 & enjoyed the arm & hand massage. Disembarkation was a major joke. Horribly organized & SLOW. Pay the $10 to the porter to haul your luggage & skip the long line after you get to pick up your luggage.

Not what I had hoped for...

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by KristinaML

KristinaML’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

It is small but for 2 people there is room to move around. The TV swivels but then it sticks out in the walk way & about 2 inches on the TV view is blocked. You can't watch it flat on the wall, horrible angle so you need to swivel it. Light switches are AFTER you come in the room & kind of behind the door. Carpet didn't look that great. We could never get the 2nd bathroom light to go off. No outlets in the bathroom except for razors. (safety thing) Does have a hair dryer but very weak. Great light on the desk/make-up table. We brought an extra 3 way outlet to plug in to give us more because of cell phones, tablet, Garmin watch, etc. Does have a mini fridge but looks like the desk cabinet. Beds can be 2 separate or 1 queen but no room to move down the sides when it is a queen. Think walk sideways, lol.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Mayan Ruins
    Was very hot but so worth it. But if you tour Mayan Ruins then you can't see much else. it was about 45 minutes by ferry then 2 hours by bus. Leaving an hour or so to see before the long ride back again. Guide Alex was fabulous. So much history. So sad idiots graffitied the temple that you can't climb the steps or go inside. But stand at the steps & clap to hear the noise, not an echo. This was my 18 year old son's favorite excursion.
    View All 378 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    It is a 960 foot climb up rocks with rushing water. Water is very cool!! You have a guide & a guy taking a video that you can buy after. They are great! So much fun.
    View All 221 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
  • Green Grotto Caves
    it wasn't very long & isn't quite the typical cave tour. it is more tunnels. It NEVER got cool on the walk. But the guide made it a lot of fun & involved the guests.
    View All 34 Green Grotto Caves Reviews
  • Ziplining
    It was hot waiting but so FUN. After you get geared up they have you take a short walk to do a practice zipline before they drive you up the hill for the almost mile long zipline over the bay.
    View All 206 Ziplining Reviews