3. Carnival Spirit
Having cruised before, I was really excited about taking my adult daughter on her first cruise. This trip was so disappointing. I had heard of the queues on cruise ships but never experienced them until this trip. A diabolical nightmare embarking and a line wait for absolutely everything. The only time we didn't wait for anything was attending a show and I was stunned to see the theatre half empty. The ship's decor is very dark and gloomy and an ugly brown greets you everywhere. The service was appalling! I've cruised before where a smile greets you everywhere and you're never without someone asking if you need a refill. Staff on this ship all looked emotionless and appeared to walk around with broom and shovel but never doing anything. We saw our cabin attendant ONCE when we boarded and never again. One day our room wasn't even attended to from how we left it in the morning. The food was bland and tasteless. Service again in the buffet emotionless and dull. Can't fault one waiter Coco in the dining room who was a bundle of energy and delightful. Cabin also dark and gloomy. We had an extended balcony and the door didn't shut properly so we put up with a howling whistle for the whole cruise. Asked someone to look at it - they looked at it and that's all they did. Paid for the steak restaurant one night and my daughter was violently ill that night from whatever she ate. An expensive cruise where you paid for absolutely anything extra. Couldn't wait to get off and won't be cruising with Carnival again that's for sure.

A tired, old, dark & gloomy ship

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Cerutti