3. Norwegian Dawn
I live in the Boston area so a cruise out of Boston and/or terminating in Boston is a plus (minimizing air travel is always a plus). Embarking/disembarking was typical for an ocean going cruise as was the cabin and most other amenities (I'm a six time cruiser, "typical" means quite good and no complaints). Dining was free style so no reserved table in the evening and a different wait staff each time. I missed that from other cruises. Norwegian seems to be steering you to the specialty dining venues: smaller, better food, more intimate but cost extra. That is the Norwegian theme. Everything seems to cost extra. I suspect the up front costs are deliberately kept low to attract customers but you seem to pay constantly for day to day amenities such as drinks (wine $11, beer $9); unless you buy the "Ultimate" drink package which is exorbitant. Speaking of which, the Norwegian Internet site sucks, it fails to inform you of all the various drink packages available. You don't find out your options until you board. There is a beer package and a wine package available. The wine package worked for me. Forget Internet service (at least for me). I purchased 175 minutes of Internet and got like 10 minutes. The rest of the minutes went down the drain. If you don't make a point of logging out of their app, the minutes just keep counting. I went to the Network guru the first time and he restored my lost minutes, but even then I lost minutes big time (download time can be extensive and counts toward your allocation and it seemed even logging out of the app didn't stop the clock). Simply not worth it. You're on vacation, forget the Internet! Money is better spent on a drink package or an excursion on Bermuda. I wish I'd done that. Biggest complaint for me was no quiet spot. There were four days at sea and for me, the only quiet spot for reading or contemplating the horizon was my balcony. Every public venue was noisy or had some entertainment or noisy and crowded. Even the promenade deck had very few lounge chairs. The other ships I've been on all had a lounge or two overlooking the bow or stern with views and with wait service and was fairly quiet and peaceful and a place for conservation, except for an occasional event. I missed that and found it a real drawback, particularly since we spent four days at sea. My biggest complaint.

Not bad but not outstanding

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by LarSim

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

LarSim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 9536
Typical. Well maintained and serviced. I'm not a fan of towel animals, but that's on me.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    An average van tour of the island(s). Too much time on the front end of the tour (looking at indigenous plants and stuff) and rushed through the latter part of the tour (St. George, et al). Tour ended in Hamilton and we were left there to make it to the ship on our own! We were given tickets for the ferry that brought us back to the ship. But that day it was a two hour wait for those of us not interested in shopping and wanted to return to the ship. Unacceptable! They should have left us where they picked us up and given others the option to spend time in Hamilton for shopping or whatever. Not recommended.
    View All 104 Island Tour Reviews