3. Radiance of the Seas
Last year my wife and I sailed the Celebrity Solstice, doing the Inside Passage from Seattle. We enjoyed it so much we decided to go northbound on the Vancouver-Seward run and after a couple years, went back to RCCI. We sailed with another couple. We arrived in Vancouver a day early (it was supposed to be 2 nights early - thanks Delta!). We enjoyed our time in the city and felt like it would be a cool place to explore with more time. What surprised me most was how easy the embarkation was. If Seattle was utter chaos, including being sent to Uber hell, Vancouver was perhaps the simplest embarkation of any cruise we have taken. A few thoughts on the cruise. The CD on Radiance is average to bland. The Love and Marriage Game show was pretty lame. The entertainment was OK but not great and they didn't have a good musical guest. The pub entertainer was great, but he really packed the place out! I did find they had some good and unique trivia, which is great. We had outstanding service and very good food in MDR and Samba (Samba was one of my highlights). But then we found food in the Windjammer was not great, especially at lunch. The variety was not there, and some of the items were not very good. Not that you should judge a cruise by it's pizza but dang the pizza was nasty and so under-cooked that the cheese wasn't melted. The itinerary was good. I will review ports below. In general, I think they should find an alternative for Icy Point Straight. We were not impressed. Perhaps they should sub it out for Sitka. Or perhaps an overnight in Juneau? The Hubbard Glacier was impressive, though we didn't see any calving. Disembarkation was great. We took the train through RCCI to Anchorage. That was another highlight - the scenery was outstanding. It was the shortest 4 1/2 hours ever. The only bizarre part was that the train drops you off at the airport, but your luggage is in downtown at the convention center. Fortunately we were renting a car so it wasn't a big deal. We had 2+ days in Anchorage - there is a lot of fun stuff to do if you have a car.

Had a Great Time in Alaska on an Average Cruise

sonvoltken6’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 9654
This cabin has an extra large balcony. It is also the last cabin before the aft cabins, so you get a nice long walk every time you go to your room, thereby allowing you to eat more!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins