3. Freedom of the Seas
We chose this as a first cruise and it was priced nicely. Pros included service staff. They were very attentive and always cheerful. That's it. Cons: food was mediocre to awful. The main dining room offerings were sparse...spaghetti? really? roasted turkey? seriously? The windjammer buffet was good for breakfast...horrid for lunch including several Asian dishes that were unrecognizable hunks of meat in various heavy gravies. Burgers were pressed something or another. Pizza at the pizza place was quite atrocious. The pools and hot tubs were overly crowded and always loud.. The main entertainment shows were essentially 4th rate comedians who will remain obscure I'm sure. After midnight, there is absolutely nothing to do except go to the casino...what a shock, right? The schedule was adhered to so that's another plus. The cabin was surprisingly comfortable with built in conveniences, a nice mattress and cool sheets. The entire ship was amazingly clean considering how crowded it was. Overall, not sure I'm a cruise person. I like more space, more peace and quiet, and more control over the quality of food and entertainment. Also, disembarkation was a nightmare. We waited in lines for about 3 hours. Lastly, the beverage policies are ridiculous. You get bombarded with food, but can't have a cheap soda fountain unless you overly paid for the package. To enjoy this cruise (or many I suspect), you have to agree to be controlled and manipulated.

Pros and Cons

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by blocker529

blocker529’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 1V
We had an interior cabin, not sure of grade. The built in conveniences were nice such as storage compartments and shelves. We stored luggage under the bed. The bed and linens were very comfortable. Large enough closet for 2.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    Awesome. We enjoyed the beach, pool, food and drinks all day. Tips forbidden, service great. Not crowded. Enjoyed it thoroughly. We even took a public bus there and back which only cost 1.25 each person each way. The folks we met in Nassau are very friendly and helpful.
    View All 13,765 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Given it was a 3 hour tour, we saw a lot, learned a lot and had an hour to muse the shops and restaurants in Old San Juan. After, they took us to the airport which was very convenient. I think it was over priced at $88 a couple. A taxi would have been cheaper and I could have mused shops longer or went to a beach. When we arrived at the airport, we waited another 4 hours. Not the best choice I made for this trip
    View All 238 City Tour Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    Grand bay beach is conveniently located at port. You can walk (15 mins) but we took a water taxi ($7.00 for round trip to ship dock). It was a blast! Beach chairs and umbrellas readily available. Bars, restaurants right there. Pretty beach. People will serve you on the beach for min. tips and they are fun and friendly.
    View All 13,765 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • Sapphire Beach
    Nice beach but overly sedate. One hotel and bar/restaurant available. The shore sand quite rocky until you get a few feet out. Pretty views, but no variety in selection of vendors. There were none except the one resort.
    View All 34 Sapphire Beach Reviews