3. Star Pride
We chose this cruise based on both the timeframe and the destination. Our departure port was Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, and arrived a day early to have a photo session with a photographer in Old San Juan, explore the city and also stay at our first Airbnb (on a rooftop - so amazing!!). Getting on the ship went smoothly and we felt welcomed and appreciated as soon as we arrived. The ship is mostly made of couples who don't have children, and it offers a small pool and a hot tub on deck. I love the fact that it is a small ship with only a few hundred people on board. It gives a special and more intimate feel to the whole trip. Everything felt clean and well prepared to accept guests, and it stayed that way our entire cruise. The dining was exceptional, and we always felt as though we were at a 5 star restaurant. The waitstaff and maitre d also took the time to get to know our names and welcome us. We only chose room service once, but that also was exceptional. I love that they utilize James Beard Foundation recipes, and our chef really cared about the ingredients! While on board we were able to see (and sample) a culinary presentation by the chef, tour the galley, see an emotional and hilarious show put on be the crew and view the secrets of folding the adorable towels by the housekeeping staff. Oh! And how could I forget the mixology presentation by the bar staff (with samples!)? We explored many of the islands on our own, but I truly enjoyed the fact that there was a port talk the night before we arrived on any island. It really helped us wrap our head around sights we wanted to see. One excursion we tested out was zip lining in St. Lucia. Everything was very well organized, and we truly enjoyed ourselves. The staff and service was beyond excellent. We also enjoyed visiting the bridge on several occasions, which was truly a treat and a learning experience. It's just another perk about a smaller cruise ship. The ports were well chosen, and Windstar doesn't always dock at major ports, which is so nice! Most of our ports were smaller in size, and at times we also set anchor and took a tender boat to and from the island for an exceptional experience. I would DEFINITELY choose Windstar again. This was our second time with them - the first was over a decade ago. I guarantee it won't be that much time in between cruises again. I am already planning our next trip! And speaking of that, it really amazed me how many guest on the boat were repeat cruisers. That says a lot about Windstar itself! :)

Fabulous Cruise I Never Wanted to End!

Star Pride Cruise Review by jennlynnprin

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Suite

jennlynnprin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Star Pride price drops

Balcony Suite
Cabin BS1 305
Our cabin had sliding doors with a tiny balcony (standing room only), but it was such a beautiful way to experience the seas. Nova, our stateroom attendant, was extremely conscientious and kind. He kept our room impeccable and always had a smile on his face.

The room itself was comfortable with ample bathroom, closet and living space. I adored that it had a bed (obviously! :) ) along with a sitting area for TV watching or reading. It's a luxury hotel room that takes you to all sorts of exciting destinations! :)
Deck 6 Suite Cabins