3. Celebrity Constellation
I choose this cruise because many friends recommend Celebrity to me. So I think I have to give it a try. This was my 9th cruise and yet was my most expensive one. Other cruise company gave us different time for embarkation, but this one did not. Instead, they let us all came at the same time, lined up in the terminal, waited for checking in and being took pictures. Having not enough information for which line should we go to, I asked the gentleman (in uniform) where to line up? He let me wait and talked to 4 other customers before answering me with some attitude, " You are not suite cabin? Not any club member.....? Then you have to line up here!" What a PROFESSIONAL response!! (But I Saw him talked with other "White" customers, polite and with a smile on his face.) We finally waited for nearly 2 hours for finishing all check in procedure and got onto the ship. My legs were so tired! Among the 15 nights cruising: FOOD is amazing and quite a lot variety! However, some times were too salty. DINNING Restaurant was ok but too crowded. Tables were too close to each other. Staffs were good and helpful. However, sometimes were difficult to understand due to their accent. OCEANVIEW CAFE was nice. Not like other cruise, you could always find a space to sit down. However, the staffs there were not professional. Whenever there's tiny bit of food left on the table, they just swept it onto the carpet floor. Never held it on the hands and threw it to the bin. I had seen many times there were flys on the cafe ceiling and even on the food. I had once pointed at the fly to the lady staff, she looked at me and did not know what to do. I then asked her whether she could see it, she looked around for a while, then took away the tray of food and put a new on out. Just wanna ask, WHY she even need to THINK and LOOK AROUND, BUT NOT REMOVE IT at the first place?? RENDEZVOUS BAR was a lovely place to enjoy the music and dance. AGAIN, some of the staff also not acting good. We ordered a "Pina Colada" and mentioned it again with "no alcohol" but it still came with alcohol. When we told the lady staff about it, she said we should have said "VIRGIN Pina Colada". Is that "No Alcohol" described clearly what I mean? Am I have to say "Virgin Pina Colada"? For my opinion, as a service staff, she should apologise and gave me a new one, that is a minimum standard of politeness! But she didn't! (note: we held a unlimited drink package, we could always reorder it again. So she should not respond like that!! ENTERTAINMENT also not so good. Among that 15 nights, only 3/4 shows were up to standard, That is having dancing, singing and some performance in one show. All other nights were only the performer singing or playing music, no stories, no acting, no dancing, no background movement. STAFF at reception desk not always helpful nor have smile. Were they too tired or too busy, I did not really know. SELLING ITEMS were far too dear in the ship. I supposed to buy a 150ml mousse, only found a L'Oreal one in SpaClub for US $46 per bottle. She even said it's not a strong mousse. So I had to give it up. OVERALL it was not a good ship company which I would recommend to anyone! A lot of new friends I made in the ship felt the same as us - disappointed for this well-known cruise line. Honestly, good name is gained by years. Strengthen the staff by giving them more Hygiene Knowledge and Good Service Training will be the most important things to do really!

Good Food but Overall Service not up to standard

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Maline Liu

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 7

Among the 15 nights cruising:

FOOD is amazing and quite a lot variety! However, some times were too salty.

were good and helpful. However, sometimes were difficult to

understand due to their accent.

down. However, the staffs there were not professional. Whenever

there's tiny bit of food left on the table, they just swept it onto the

carpet floor. Never held it on the hands and threw it to the bin. I had

seen many times there were flys on the cafe ceiling and even on the

food. I had once pointed at the fly to the lady staff, she looked at me

and did not know what to do. I then asked her whether she could see

it, she looked around for a while, then took away the tray of food and

put a new on out. Just wanna ask, WHY she even need to THINK

and LOOK AROUND, BUT NOT REMOVE IT at the first place??

staff also not acting good. We ordered a "Pina Colada" and mentioned

it again with "no alcohol" but it still came with alcohol. When we told

the lady staff about it, she said we should have said "VIRGIN Pina

Colada". Is that "No Alcohol" described clearly what I mean? Am I

have to say "Virgin Pina Colada"? For my opinion, as a service staff,

she should apologise and gave me a new one, that is a minimum

standard of politeness! But she didn't! (note: we held a unlimited drink

package, we could always reorder it again. So she should not respond

like that!!

ENTERTAINMENT also not so good. Among that 15 nights, only 3/4 shows were up to

standard, That is having dancing, singing and some performance in one

show. All other nights were only the performer singing or playing music,

no stories, no acting, no dancing, no background movement.

I did not really know.

found a L'Oreal one in SpaClub for US $46 per bottle. She even said it's

not a strong mousse. So I had to give it up.

Maline Liu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Ocean View 7
Cabin 07 2184
CABIN is in good size, service man was good and helpful.
However, the plumbing system was not good. We complained to the cabin attendant
2 times still could not solved. Finally we called for technician to come, and it
eventually became smooth on the 11th night! But still, there was always unpleasant
smell around our deck.