3. Celebrity Reflection
Friends of ours asked us to join them on this ship as we usually cruise on another line. Our first impression of the décor was WOW! it felt very modern in comparison to what we are used to. We had a balcony cabin 9297 near the rear of the ship and it was a very nice size with plenty of storage. We were "upgraded" to Concierge Class when a price drop occurred on the cruise a few weeks out. The welcome bottle of champagne was a nice touch but while I appreciated the afternoon canapes brought to the room most times they were not very appetizing for my tastes. Having a dedicated concierge could be helpful for some however we really found no reason to contact her other than to confirm how disembarkation would work. Arriving on board we were welcomed with a glass of champagne for that feeling of class and were directed to the OPUS dining room for a welome aboard lunch which was tasty. The entertainment/activities were plentiful on the ship. The celebrity life team was always holding some sort of activity (latin dance by the pool, coloring, trivia etc). If you want to be involved you have plenty to do. Entertainment included a silent dance party and ABBA party which were a hit to be sure. I did not go to see any of the shows however I heard positive feedback. The pool butlers did their best to keep those always present chair hogs honest but the pool area was always crowded and if you did not get out by 8am on a sea day you were not finding a chair to lounge in. There was issue with the Tender Services in Grand Cayman which caused at least one tour to be cancelled (mine) however the Shore Excursion team offered full refund and 50% OFF our next tour. I thought this was great and then a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries were also delivered to our room with an note of apoligy. Very impressed by that. The Captain was amazing and very humorous and always engaged (even participating in water volleyball with guests and a great comedy bit the last night...only show I went to). It is obvous he appreciates his crew and that the feeling is mutual. Overall I found this to be a beautiful ship and a great cruise. The stops Grand Cayman, Cartegena, Aruba Curacao and Bonaire were great. Only suggestions are the food could use a bit of flavor and if a bar is hosting a trivia event it should be open to serve drinks. And in some cases I think public restrooms were added as an afterthought. Would I cruise Celebrity again or recommend it to others...Absolutely.

Southern Caribbean Cruise on a Stylish Ship

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by redbanshee

I did not go to see any of the shows however I heard positive feedback.

Would I cruise Celebrity again or recommend it to others...Absolutely.
redbanshee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

• Aruba
    Found Aruba Motorcycle Tours on line and arranged to rent a Harley and tour with a guide. We rode all over that island and saw parts of it that the average tourist would not. Still we did go to the lighthouse and the chaple and Baby beach with a guide (Peter) that was savy enough to get it done in an order that avoided most of the other tours. If you love to ride I highly recommend this tour.
    The port itself is trying to recreate itself and refurbish after the tourist centre moved closer to the hotel/resort area. That said ther are plenty of places to your right when you exit the port to get souvenirs and a free trolley ride. Folks in Aruba were very friendly and welcoming.
    View All 12,453 Aruba Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Aruba Cruise Port Review
  • ATV Experience
    Thouroughly enjoyed this tour. The ATV's were in good shape and our guides were awesome. They took us to an old coral cave where we had a chance to take ample pictures. They took us as far into the cave as they could safely and showed us some old drawing on the walls. Water was provided after exiting the cave as it was quite warm inside. The tour then took us to old lighthouse where we learned about brain coral and the history of the lighthouse itself. Of course you are not allowed to run the ATV's wildly but there was plenty of space to open it up a bit and bounce along. These are automatic so no clutch involved to go forward. I would recommend this tour.
    View All 5 ATV Experience Reviews
  • Cartagena (Colombia)
    Met at the ship and walked to our boat for a tour across the harbor to the historic Old Walled City. Awesome tour guide shared history of this amazing place. Of course watch your bags, valuable and be prepared to be asked numerous times to buy souvenirs. I understand these folks are trying to make a living but they are very very persistent. Back on our boat we were entertained by lovely dancers and music of Columbia as well as an open bar. Guests were encouraged to dance and particiapte and it is clear that our hosts love thier home and want us to appreciate if for more than the negativity that it is sometimes associated with. I would recommend this tour if you want to mix history with fun!
    View All 12,453 Cartagena (Colombia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cartagena (Colombia) Cruise Port Review
  • Curacao
    Beautiful Port with plenty to do and see within walking distance Again anyone we came in contact with was extremely friendly. It was clear to see they love their home and were happy to welcome us to it.
    View All 1,239 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    Five ships and over 15000 people in port. Our tour was cancelled due to delayed tender service to land however as mentioned in my general feedback the Shore Excurion Team did everything in their power to make amends. They offered us a choice of a couple other tours, which we declined. So we recieved full refund plus 50% off our next booked tour. Later that date champagne and strawberries were delivered to our room for sailaway with another apology. Instead we walked around town and travelling to our left as we exited the prot we found an amazing place called the Fish Shack. This place had amazing atmosphere and was not over crowded with tourists. A great view (right on the water) and the best shrimp we have ever had. Overall we were not disappointed at all by our tour being cancelled.
    View All 3,376 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews