Viking Tor Cruise Review

Viking Tor Cruise Review by Sharon Forbes

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

We have never been on an ocean cruise because there are just too many people. I felt badly that my husband didn't get to see as much as I did when we travelled by car, so I booked a river cruise as a gift. It was intimate enough that we knew most of the folks by name by the time we were back.

Meals are always open seating, which encourages mingling with new folks. Wine or beer is always available with the meals & no fancy dress is ever required.

The food was fabulous, tours well organized with great guides! Our first river cruise was with a different company & Viking was an even better value for the money - all the way around!

I can't say enough about the wonderful staff, both on the phone and on board the boat. they solved each & every problem with almost no effort & always to our satisfaction!

Great trip & great company. We'll be back!!

Sharon Forbes's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom

We had one of the lowest categories and therefore no veranda. But we still had a wide but narrow window up at eye level to brighten the room with natural light. there was a queen bed and a reasonable bathroom & shower. Enough room for storage & a long sideboard to place things used daily. Very adequate and as we didn't spend much time there, it was quite fine.

Sharon Forbes