3. Celebrity Reflection
We are avid Celebrity cruisers having taken the last Six cruises on a Celebrity Ship. Unfortunately, I have experienced a real Celebrity bust on the 10-day carribean cruise on the Reflection which debarked on March 2. I was in total disbelief on the level of service in the dining rooms and bars, the lack of attention from the shore excursion desk and total non interest in providing activities on the ship from the cruise director team. The only positive thing on this cruise has been the room Stewart who has gone above and beyond in his servicing the room. Let's start with the bars... I am in total disappointment of the understaffing of the bar venues. It is an easy wait on a typical bar of 10 to 15 minutes to get a drink. I totally believe that with Celebrity's push for drink packages, they could really care less in providing adequate staff to wait on customers. Celebrity has made their dollars on the packages and every drink they serve you is less dollars to their bottom line. This is a common belief amount the passengers as we jockey into competitive position at the bars trying to get served. The main dining has offered completely uninspired menus. Three nights into the trip, an nothing on the menu us appealing. Received two uneatable meals, with no offer of exchanging the meal for something more appealing. Rush you in and rush you out. This cruise has had some unusual weather disruptions which caused many excursion cancellations.. But where oh where is the excursion team? We get notice minutes prior to the meeting times that excursions are cancelled. They send very unseasoned staff to deal with the passengers trying to understand why excursions are cancelled. The excursion desk is closed and passengers are waiting 30 minutes in line only to be told, that there are no other options. Yes, I understand that the weather is not in control, but Celebrity, please send seasoned staff to work with the passengers. We are in total disbelief over the limited activities aboard ship. On past cruises, Celebrity Today offered several pages of activities. On the Reflection, the bare minimum of activities are offered. On a typical evening, the venues are dormant. Even the cruise director us very non- interested in events. Shocking to say the least. I have two more cruises booked on Celebrity, but after this cruise, I am re-thinking those trips. If Celebrity is not interested in providing adequate staffing to service the passengers, then maybe a new cruise line needs to be considered. Shockingly dissappointed in the whole experience.. if my partner would let me, I would have abandoned this trip mid-cruise!

Very Disappointing Experience on the Reflection

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Jma0525

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)

Jma0525’s Full Rating Summary