3. Carnival Valor
My wife and I were first time cruisers and couldn't have had a more enjoyable experience. From the very beginning to the very end the entire staff from those who checked us in to those who helped us leave the ship and everyone in between went beyond what was expected to ensure our experience was first class. Our cabin steward was a most pleasant man named Greg who always had a smile and made us feel like the rich and famous. I am a foodie so I can't begin to express my joy at the quality and abundance of food available to us. I was able to try things I had never had before and every single thing I ate was just superb. The vanilla ice cream they serve in the dining room is simply heavenly. There was so much good food available all the time that we will have to go back just to try what we missed. The pizza that is available around the clock in not your typical fair. Think gourmet pizza. It was amazing. As was Rosie's buffet, the breakfast buffet and room service. But do not neglect to go to the dining room every evening, it's a foodie's dream. A dining experience with gourmet food that must not be missed. The ship was clean and up to date in all areas. There was constantly something going on in regards to shows, seminars, music, etc. If you can't find something to occupy your time while on board it would be your own fault. Our experience at the ports of Cozumel and Progresso were very positive. Carnival does a stellar job at ensuring your departure and arrival at the ports is timely and effortless. To sum up how good our experience was I will simply tell you that when we arrived back in Missouri we had booked another cruise with Carnival for the end of April 2018. Perhaps more telling is we're going on the same ship (The Valor), on the same deck (Verandah), in the same room (8332), from the same port (Galveston), to the same destinations (Cozumel & Progresso)! If it isn't broke we see no need to fix it. Besides I still have to try Guy's Burgers, Blueiguanna Cantina, Mongolian Wok, Sushi at Sea and the many other food options I missed last time.

First Time Cruiser - Going again on April 30

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by stinkygreg

stinkygreg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8332
Our room was fresh and clean when we arrived. We found it to be very roomy considering we were on a ship. I'm sure having a balcony helped with that. We were really amazed at the bathroom and how functional it was. Especially the shower which, while small, had amazing water pressure and a seemingly unlimited supply of hot water. I strongly encourage opting for the balcony room if you can. We left the curtain open all night and found waking up during the night to the ocean view breathtaking.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins