3. Vision of the Seas
My husband and I had never been on a cruise, so we opted for a short one to see how we liked it. My husband did a lot of research, and we have many friends who gave us plenty of advice. We live in the Houston area, so the drive to Galveston was not a problem. We boarded probably around 11am. Getting on board was so easy. Maybe it was because we went so early, but we never got stuck in any long lines. We seemed to get through the check in process pretty quickly and easily. I was honestly mostly worried about getting seasick. I had some patches on hand, but didn't want to use them unless I actually got sick. I was pleasantly surprised when I didn't get sick at all! But enough about me. The cruise was more than I expected. I LOVED having so many choices in things to do each day. The itinerary we received for each day of the cruise was awesome. So many games, shows, demonstrations....it was great for people like us who like to do different things, but can never quite decide. We saw a comedy show, game shows, played trivia in one of the bars, went to art auctions, went to karaoke night, played BINGO...etc. I even participated in the Thriller dance the cruise director was teaching. SO FUN! The food was excellent in the Windjammer. I loved all of the choices. And dinner in the Aquarius was always delicious. The servers were top notch! They would move heaven and earth to get us whatever we wanted..if we were difficult like that...but we're not. :-) Our room was fantastic! We did book a junior suite since it was a great deal and it was just the 2 of us, but I loved it. Our attendant was awesome . He kept our room in order and was always there if we had any questions. The towel animals were super cute! The only areas I wasn't as impressed with were the bars. It just seemed like it always took longer than necessary to get drinks at the bar. And if we were sitting at a table, there never seemed to be enough waiters/waitresses, so we had to wait unusually long periods of time to receive our drink orders. One waitress explained to us that the gratuity included in the bar tab would be distributed partiallly to the staff and the rest to Royal Caribbean. So it sounded like she was insinuating that we should tip her directly. I was uncomfortable with her telling us that. It only happened once, and I had a drink package anyway, so, regardless, we weren't tipping as we went. I just found it odd that she would actually tell us that. Other than that, everything else was fabulous on the ship itself. It was a one stop cruise. We did do an excursion to one of the ruins. We would have liked more time at the ruins since our tour guide talked a bit too much. The bus seats on the bus we were on could use some maintenance since several of the aisle seats were so loose, you couldn't sit comfortably. Just a little bit of weight on the back of the chair and it would recline into the person's seat behind you! It was not the most comfortable ride for my husband as a result. But it was air conditioned at least. We didn't know what to expect, but we know it could have been so much worse. The good outweighed the annoying on the excursion, so it was still enjoyable. So our first cruise was a success! We are hoping to do another one in the future with our children. We know we will need to look at larger ships that have more things for the kids to do though. But we were very happy with Royal Caribbean and will definitely recommend it to others.

Satisfied first timers!

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by bluecat045

bluecat045’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

This cabin has a very nice balcony. It's quite large. We had great sunset and sunrise views. The room was comfortable and had just what we needed. The only noises I heard were from the closet if we left it open. I could also hear the faint sound of music, but not loud enough to keep me awake. So I found it to be very comfortable and slept like a baby every night. It has a large tub that I was very careful getting into and out of since it is raised up. But there was plenty of room in the closet for our clothes and luggage.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans

• Mayan Ruins
    We took a 45 minute bus ride to the ruins where we spent about 1.5 hours. Unfrotunately, to see everything and have a few minutes to take it all in, this was not enough time. My husband and I did not get to see one of the main attractions because the tour guide was very knowledgable and wanted to just tell us stories instead of letting us wander. So my husband and I were late getting back to the bus and still hadn't gotten to see everything. We were then taken to the city of Merida to spend time in the town square. It was about 1pm and most people on the bus were complaining about being hungry. We thought we would be eating after the ruins, but that was not the case. At 2pm, they then took us to a restaurant where they ran out of tables. About 8 of us had to sit at the bar. We were given our plates of food quickly, but no drinks...even though we were at the bar. They eventually brought some..after we finished eating the little bit of food that was on our plates. It was good food, just very little of it. After that, we were driven back to the ship where we had about 45 minutes to shop in Progreso before it was time to board. We would have just liked to have had more time at the ruins, less time in Merida, and a restaurant that could accomodate the whole group more confortably. Lastly, the bus itself was okay. Several of the seats need fixing, but it was nice that the bus was air conditioned.
    View All 37 Mayan Ruins Reviews