3. Viking Atla
We looked at 3-4 cruise lines before selecting Viking, a big part of the decision being value for the price. Except for the weather, which we certainly can't hold Viking responsible, everything was great - the accommodations, the food, the service, the tours .... Viking thinks of everything. My wife and I are fussy eaters, but there wasn't a single meal where we weren't able to find something to satisfy us. My wife suffers from motion sickness, which is why we've never been on an ocean cruise, but figured we'd gamble on a river cruise. In order to even know the ship was moving, you had to be out on deck. No vibration, no engine noise! To give you an idea as to how much we liked it, in the literature prior to sailing, Viking recommended a tip for the program director and crew, and I thought it was a little high. But when we were checking out on the last day, I took the recommendation and added another 20%. I don't recommend this for families, as the clientele definitely leaned toward senior citizens, the average age probably mid 60s. All the tour guides were knowledgeable and personable. Not sure if I would pay the extra for a veranda, because we rarely set foot on it, at least a little because of the weather. Plus, if you're in your cabin, you're probably sleeping. Our dilemma now is deciding which Viking cruise to take next.

Not a single negative

Viking Atla Cruise Review by vplynch

All the tour guides were knowledgeable and personable.

Our dilemma now is deciding which Viking cruise to take next.
vplynch’s Full Rating Summary