3. Celebrity Equinox
A wonderful 3 day Bahamas cruise from Port Miami in an S1 aft sky suite. I have traveled on Celebrity previously but this was my first time on the Equinox and I instantly fell in love. I booked this cruise for myself and my Mother. We arrived at the port at 10:20am and we were through priority check in and on the ship at 10:45am. Greeted with smiles and champagne we then proceeded to take a tour of the ship while all was still somewhat quiet. I liked the decor of the ship as it wasn’t too over the top, and I found it very easy to navigate. After a quick top to bottom tour we stopped in to introduce ourselves at Michaels Club, there we met the concierge John Escobar who was very pleasant and showed us around and answered any questions we had. We enjoyed Michaels and visited several times during the cruise for a late afternoon snack and especially to stock up on bottles of Evian for our suite. Around 1pm we we decided it was lunch time and headed down to Luminae, we were greeted by Viktoria the most pleasant hostess you will ever meet, she showed us to our table and it was here we met Kirk who was our waiter for all our Luminae meals. Kirk was fabulous and a huge asset to Luminae in the few short days we were there he discovered what we liked and every meal was perfect. We enjoyed the food as well as the presentation and on 2 occasions ordered items off the MDR menu. My favorites were the filet mignon, cooked perfectly, and the artichoke soup....delicious! I was though disappointed in the desserts really nothing exceptional. After lunch we headed up to our suite 8345 a very long walk to the aft but we loved the walking especially after indulging everyday. The suite is the perfect size and the use of space is great, I loved having the large side porthole in addition to the sliders as there was so much light in the room. We had the room arranged as two single beds and yes the pole is ever present! The amount of storage is plentiful as well as the storage space in the bathroom as well. The bathroom was a nice size with a full tub/shower combo and Bvlgari amenities. The cabin is nicely decorated but I feel it needed a bit of modernization perhaps a little bling, it was a little flat. It was though very clean and well kept. The veranda makes up for anything that could be wrong, beautiful, spacious, and exactly what you expect in an aft cabin. Loved it! Now on to the butler..... ours was a big disappointment, shortly after we arrived he stopped by to give us his card and said please call if you need anything. He never offered to show us around the suite or explain anything as I’ve had done in the past. I did make arrangements for morning coffee delivery for our port day which he did take care of and that was it we never saw or heard from him ever again. Now our room steward Louis should have been the butler, he was exceptional he took such good care of us, bringing us ice (butler duty) and anytime he saw us coming down the hall running ahead to open the door, everyday he made sure the towels were placed on the outside veranda chairs in the morning after breakfast. Hummmm can you guess who got the tip on the last day. We really enjoyed everything about the ship. We didn’t attend any shows so I can’t comment on those. We visited the casino, shopped a little and attended the wonderful Corning glass show. We ate a lot and walked a lot! In addition to Luminae we had burgers at the Mast Grill, love those fries! And ordered room service for lunch, ehhh just average food not impressed, delivered in 30 minutes. Cafe al Bacio is heaven, we visited many times. Also visited the future cruise desk, that always makes me happy! Disembarkation was a breeze, went down to breakfast in Luminae at 7:45am, walked off the ship around 8:45am though customs and in my car at 9:10am! In addition to booking this cruise to give my Mother a little getaway it was a test cruise to see if I would like the sky suite aft for a future 9 day cruise I have booked in October with boyfriend. It passed the test!!

3 nights in a corner aft sky suite

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by AroundTheWorld1

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite

Also visited the future cruise desk, that always makes me happy!

AroundTheWorld1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1 8345
Please see above full review for cabin review.....
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Atlantis Resort
    Booked though Celebrity and run by Atlantis. Left on time, well run with an excellent and knowledgeable tour guide. After the guided 1 1/2 hour tour of the resort and aquarium we had up to several hours of free time to explore more or visit the casino. A mini bus was available every half hour to take us back to the ship.
    View All 685 Atlantis Resort Reviews