3. Ruby Princess
This is our 5th Princess cruise and each trip seems to be not quite as WOW as the last. I feel something has been lost with group tipping. Staff were friendly enough but didn't seem to go out of their way. If asked, they were fine. The only Princess shore excursion was to the Hotel California in Todos Santos. Long ride for a very little bit. I was with my mother who is somewhat limited in mobility. We wanted to shop so had the driver drop us a few blocks closer to Hotel California, missing the church. I have no idea if there had been any touring of the hotel itself. The included lunch was good if a little slow in coming. Once our table ordered alcohol, the waiters were more attentive. I would not do this one again. Ship's food was good. Wait staff was inconsistent. Speculation was that the experienced staff had taken the time for the holidays and the second and third string staff were working. Guest entertainment was great! We had Paul Baker of British theater and his stunning voice and skill in entertaining. The magician RJ Lewis is also just as professional and headlined the stage show called Magic to Do. Jammin Jay Lamont was so funny and talented. We saw him both times he performed. I hope Princess reads these reviews. I hesitate to book another cruise. Or at least, my expectations will be lower. And speaking of future bookings, read the fine print on deposits on future bookings. I am afraid Princess is becoming more like Carnival. And I won't sail Carnival.

Yes, Princess is slipping

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Lassiepoo

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I am afraid Princess is becoming more like Carnival. And I won't sail Carnival.
Lassiepoo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B202
Baja 202 was an unsolicited upgrade and while it was nice to be at the end of the hall, it seemed this veranda was exceptionally windy. Altitude? Being so forward? I don't know; it could've been the weather. Bed and pillows were average in support but smelled a little musty. Robes also smelled musty and I found a candy wrapper in the pocket of one. Our steward didn't hesitate to replace them with fresh.
I was confused how this was an upgrade because the deck below us had the deeper verandas.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins