3. Emerald Princess
I enjoyed this cruise - it was my first cruise ever and while I did get seasick sometimes - it wasn't terrible the entire time. The gym on the ship is large and gorgeous and I ran quite a few times while we were sailing on the treadmills and did a workout. Food was pretty good but only if you went to the more fancy dining room at your specific dinner time - otherwise the cheaper and faster food was not my favorite. We had a suite so we had the option for a private breakfast in the steakhouse which consisted of a lot of the same food but much less crowded and more quiet so that was nice. The ship itself is gigantic and it takes a full 10-15 minutes to walk from one end to the next. Elevators are REALLY slow and take forever to get to the floors because they stop on each one and pick people so your best bet is stairs if you are fit enough. Onboard entertainment was awesome - we loved Bingo and I loved Voice of the Ocean which was based on the hit TV series "The Voice" where they had folks volunteer onboard the ship to compete and had 3-4 different sessions narrowing it down to a final group and picking a final winner with judges from the crew. So much fun. The shore excursions were awesome and we did a number of things - we were busy and tired most days - but it was worth it! We road a float plane over the Misty Fjords, we rode with sled dogs, we crossed a suspension bridge over the Yukon valley, we road the White Pass Train... you name it - we tried it! Service was excellent and everything went fairly smooth. I have no complaints other than crowds and crowds and more crowds.

Lots of Fun!

MizAlica’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 751
Our suite (Aloha deck) was nice with a nice bathroom and spacious sitting area. The bathroom had two doors one opening from the main sitting space and one from the sleeping area. We also had two sets of sliding glass doors and a large balcony. There was also a lighted mirrored vanity area. Very nice.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Dog Sledding
    My husband LOVED this tour and the sledding with the dogs. They were so cute and we got an informative presentation on the dogs and sledding in general as well as time to pet and get to know them and play with some puppies!
    View All 138 Dog Sledding Reviews
  • Misty Fjords Flightseeing
    We took a seaplane ride over the Misty Fjords and it was spectacular. The plane was only big enough for about 4-6 people so we went with another woman who sat up front with the pilot and my husband and I sat in back. I was nervous but it was beautiful and we did a water landing and got out and walked around the boat!
    View All 148 Misty Fjords Flightseeing Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    This was pretty but it was a LONG day with a long bus-ride home after. Probably for an older crowd. The trains were COLD.
    View All 1,023 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Yukon Suspension Bridge
    I would not do this again - it is in the middle of nowhere and while the suspension bridge is cool - the restaurant was closed - nothing was open and it was pretty boring.
    View All 55 Yukon Suspension Bridge Reviews
  • Victoria
    We chose to wander around and explore ourselves.... saw some pretty things and it was Canada day or something so we saw a large music festival and celebration happening and fireworks. That was fun.
    View All 1,221 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews