3. Norwegian Dawn
This cruise fell at the right time for my husband and I because we were both off work for the holidays. We also choose this cruise for the itinerary. There were several islands that we had not yet visited. We left home (Alabama) the day before the cruise. Our flight was perfect. When we arrived in San Juan we took a taxi ($20.00 US) to our hotel. We stayed at The Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino right on the beach. Check in went very smoothly. Everything at the hotel was Awesome. I mentioned to my husband, during check in, I would love to have a shirt with the hotel logo on it. The hotel worker happened to hear me and when we returned back to our room after dinner, there were two logo t-shirts on the desk. All I could say was wow! I failed to mention that we had no problem with our hotel canceling on us. We made our reservation about 6 months before the cruise. A month after the hurricane we received an email from one of their planners confirming our reservation. We I do have to tell you that you must have the mofungo when visiting the Puerto Rico. The next day we took a taxi to the cruise ship. Once again everything went smoothly. Our cabin was ready not long after we boarded the ship. We stayed in mini-suite 11598. Loved it. 11 days and 8 islands couldn't have been better. The following are the excursions we took: Aruba - The Antilla Wreck Snorkel & Beach Getaway -- A whole lot of fun! We went out on a catamaran, great crew (they even let me drive the boat!), lots of fish, cool remains of the wreck to see as well. The way back they had the rum punch & the music playing. Great first excursion... learned a lot about the island and the great people! Curaçao- Trolley Train & Hato Cave/Ostrich Fram Adventure -- We did two excursions because of the timing. The trolley was relaxing and informative. Really cool ro see how the island decorated for Christmas! Hato Cave was interesting and it was really cool to feed the ostriches! Bonaire- Beach Escape -- This was our most disappointing excursion. We are not divers or snorkelers & the beach was too rocky to swim. We enjoyed the beach, but missed out on the full experience. Grenada- no excursion here. Just shopping for spices! Barbados-Harrison's Cave & Scenic Drive St. Lucia- Soufriere by Land & Sea -- Fantastic tour! Half of the tour by bus to see the Pitons and have lunch. The other half was by catamaran to swim in the bay. But you better watch out for the rum punch. They definitely pack a punch

Another great NCL vacation!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Caribbean-soul

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Grenada- no excursion here. Just shopping for spices!

Barbados-Harrison's Cave & Scenic Drive

Caribbean-soul’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11598
All I can say is this cabin was wonderful. The size was perfect for my husband and me. Nice size balcony. There is really nothing negative I could say about the cabin, but I do wish the NCL Dawn had guest laundry facilities available. An 11 day cruise is a long time to deal with dirty laundry in a smallish space.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins