3. Norwegian Epic
We tried Norwegian again after a 10 year departure because they sail out of our local port, Port Canaveral, FL and it was convenient. I had to cancel our Celebrity cruise in April due to a sudden hip replacement surgery, so this was a makeup cruise. The cruise package appeared to be a good deal, so we booked it. MISTAKE! The Epic had just completed a trans-Atlantic crossing. For whatever reason, we stood in line for 4 hours to board the ship. There was no orderly conduct as people were cutting in line. It was a mess! The ship did not leave the port until 8 pm. We had a beverage package to buy drinks but if you wanted a bottle of water, it cost you $5.50. We had never heard of a port beverage tax before and no one told us about it until I saw it on my room account. Guest services just said that they were sorry. We never have seen or heard of a room service charge before, but they had one for $7.95 plus 18% gratuity. The room steward did not or could not read our cabin notes to him. We had to call guest services to get towels. The last day @ sea, he never cleaned our room. We had a balcony cabin with the balcony being almost larger than our cabin. The bathroom sink was at the foot of the bed with a separate small shower and separate small toilet. We always get lobster on a 7 day cruise, but not on this ship! Thanksgiving dinner was a joke. While waiting to be seated, a women came out of the restaurant saying, "this is the worst service that I have ever had." My turkey was uneatable. Overall the food was fair most of the time. The onboard entertainment was horrible for the most part. You have to make reservations for everything, if you can get them. Its called "free styling." On one side of the ship, smoking was permitted, however in the casino they were smoking thru out the casino and the smell was horrible. Your Non-refundable OBC could not be used in the casino or for daily service charges, only in the gift shops and for excursions. Guest services was a joke. All they would do is say that we are sorry. I even met the Manager of Guest Services, whom she said that she was going to call me but never did. Tired of being nickeled and dimed to death, I requested that my daily service charges be removed from my account and that I would tip those on my own discretion. Guest services said that they could not do that until we got to Grand Cayman on Thursday and that I would have to come back down to Guest services at that time and sign a waiver. So guess what I did on Thursday? Yep, I sure did! Now we have a lot of complaints with Norwegian, however we were amongst a lot of other unhappy cruisers as well. We gave Norwegian a second chance and they blew it big time with us! So long Norwegian!

Will NEVER sail like a Norwegian again!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by bjohn1951

bjohn1951’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Large Balcony
Cabin B6 10254
We had a large balcony cabin. By that, I mean that our balcony was almost as large as our cabin. Cabin was small and compartmentalized. There was good hidden storage areas.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Jamaica Bobsled Experience
    The ride was great, but it was an hour and a half bus ride each way. Ocho Rios is only 8 miles away. It was way over priced @ $99.00 per person. Once you get there, you can get 5 rides for $44.00, but we only got the one ride with the cruise line.
    View All 26 Jamaica Bobsled Experience Reviews