3. Disney Fantasy
To start things off, this sailing was not a Star Wars cruise as stated in the itinerary. This was a Halloween on the High Seas cruise. My hubby and I were traveling alone on this cruise...no kids. I am a huge Disney fan and this was our first DCL cruise, but we are not new to cruising. This was our 16th cruise. Everyone I spoke with reassured me that I would never want to sail any other cruise line after this, but that's not how neither my husband nor I felt after a few days on the ship. Embarkation was easy. My hubby and I arrived at the terminal via DCL bus transfer from MCO. It took less than 30 minutes from the time we arrived at the port until we were on the ship. When we boarded the ship, we were allowed to go directly to our cabin because the sailing prior to ours was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma. We stayed in Cabin 6502 which was a spacious room overlooking the bow of the ship and this cabin has the split bathroom set up. Access from this room to the forward elevators and stairs was easy and the laundromat was visible from our cabin's door. This is a beautiful ship and cleanliness is a priority. Our cabin steward when we boarded was Phillip, but we never saw him after Monday. Not sure what happened to him because we were given 3 different answers from 3 different stewards when he inquired about him. I think some other stewards were assigned to our cabin but they did not do the same quality job that Phillip had done. I had to call housekeeping services one day because for 2 days there were no toiletries left in our room. After calling, toiletries were delivered. Meals in the main dining rooms were tasteless and nothing to brag about. I heard so many praises from people about the amazing meals before I booked the cruise, but that is not what was found during the cruise. The best meal that my hubby and I ate was in Cabanas (buffet area) at dinner time. The meal was a freshly cooked New York Strip for me and a Ribeye for my hubby both of which were cooked after we ordered them. Service in the MDR's and Cabanas was very good, but nothing more than we have experienced on other cruise lines. We visited the ports of Cozumel, Mexico, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Castaway Cay, Bahamas. My hubby and I have visited all the ports except for Castaway Cay on several other occasions. We were back on ship early while docked in Cozumel and Falmouth. The activities on ship for adults during port days were pitiful. In fact, during one of those days, the only thing available for 5 hours was going to the movie theater or watching a movie from the kids' pool. Prior to the cruise I was reassured by numerous people that had sailed on DCL that there was plenty to do for adults, but I found that to be untrue. The ship did have an adults only area on 2 decks of the ship and I did enjoy that on occasion, but sitting on the deck was not my idea of an activity. Castaway Cay was probably the nicest private island that my husband and I have ever visited and the adults only area on Castaway was beautiful. Wishes, Aladdin and Dreams in the big theater were very good productions. There was a magician that did a couple of shows and a hypnotist too. There shows were quite good too. Disembarkation was easy. My hubby and I ate breakfast in Cabanas but we had to ask the server at dinner the evening prior to disembarkation if Cabanas would be open. DCL was encouraging folks to attend breakfast in the dining room that they had eaten dinner in the night before but Cabanas was never mentioned. Over all, I was really disappointed by this cruise. My expectations were quite high because of all the hoopla that others had raved about to me. For the price of this cruise, I could have taken 2 cruises on other cruise lines and had the same, if not better, experience. My hubby and I have no plans to sail with DCL again.

Mediocre Cruise

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by AngiP68

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

AngiP68’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin 09B 6502
Cabin was spacious with a smaller port hole overlooking the bow of the ship. The split bathroom was nice and there was plenty of closet space and under bed storage. Some movement felt in the cabin, but we also felt movement in other areas of the ship.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins