3. Disney Fantasy
We booked this cruise because we wanted to get away with our very active Grandkids for a week to give their parents a break. I will start first with the on the ship experience with a pro and con scenario and recap the booking nightmare in the last paragraph. Embarkation was a breeze. Parking was easy and fair for the price, equivalent to a major city airport short term parking. Porters met us and our bags were whisked away efficiently, in fact too efficiently. A bag that I had meant to carry on had wine in it and was confiscated. No foul on Disney. I knew the rule and screwed up. I did get the wine back at the end of the trip Just know that they will enforce that rule. Now for the cons on the trip. 1. The fitness center is way too small! That's it, folks. Now for the pros 1. The food in the main dining rooms was delicious and beautifully presented. It is the best main dining room food and service we have ever experienced in our 25 cruises. 2. The restaurant staff of Faisal, Henry, Michele, and Andina were efficient, engaging with the kids, and attended to our every need and request. I could write paragraphs about these folks! A shout out to our great table mates, Scott and Melissa and their boys Asher and Carson! Congratulations, Scott, on your promotion and thank you for your service to our country for the past 26 years! 3. Eric, our cabin host gets ditto so for all the above attributes. Eric is an educated, articulate, and engaging human being with a ready smile. 4. Kids club takes up a whole deck. It's rare that you can send your kids off, let them stay up until midnight, and not worry about their safety, The Kids club staff is entertaining, concerned and very watchful. Trust me, there are eyes on these kids wherever they go. 5. Shows are over the top as you would expect from Disney. Best I have ever seen. 6. Shore excursions, especially Jamaica, were well planned. Disney gives the excursions much more time than othe lines. If you go to Dunns river to climb the Falls, be sure to ask for Dwight. He was one of the hidden gems of the trip. 7. If I've left anyone out, Kudos to the whole staff. I am going to make the pre boarding experience a separate review as I do not want to detract from this one. I hope this helps you decide. I have been asked if I would go on this ship with just my wife and myself. The answer is no...not because it was not a great experience....just because there are too many kids. That's the point. I will bet you in the next few years that Disney will come out with an Adults only ship. I will be the first to book.

Nightmare turned into a delight

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Buzzttt

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Now for the cons on the trip.

1. The fitness center is way too small!

That's it, folks. Now for the pros

Buzzttt’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12

Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 00V 8106
Split bathroom was a plus. Plenty of storage. Eric made our room warm, comfortable, and friendly. We did have an issue with the air conditioning, but it was immediately addressed
Deck 12 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins