3. Norwegian Dawn
My wife and I cruised from Boston to Bermuda on the Norwegian Dawn Friday September 8 – Friday September 15. It was a 50th anniversary present to my parents. My dad’s best friend and wife went with us too. We had a wonderful time. The Dawn is beautiful; the renovations were definitely worth it. Everything on the ship felt like it was tailored for the passenger. The food was delicious, well prepared, had a nice variety and was always available. We dined in The Venetian, Aqua, The Garden Café and Topsiders. We bought the soda package and only drank alcohol a few times – the alcohol was reasonably priced. I visited the fitness center three times and we did some on board shopping. We attended the shows, trivia gatherings, The Second City, Showdown, Deal or No Deal and several others. The performers are all very talented. We took an excursion to the Crystal Caves and the Zoo/Aquarium. The guide was very knowledgeable and courteous. We spent about 8-10 hours in the casino. We have visited about 150 casinos around the world and the Dawn Casino is nicer than so many land-based casinos. We like that the table game minimum bets are lower that our local casinos in Rhode Island and Connecticut. They have many of our favorite slot machines. The Dawn crew is excellent. Every single crew member we met was polite, smiling and helpful. They made the cruise so much more enjoyable. Kudos to the Captain and his leadership team! We thought about what we would change. There are only a few. 1. My wife thought it was too cold inside the ship in some places, most notably The Garden Café and the Library. My parents agreed about it being too cold in some locations and we heard a few other passengers make the same comment. I did not mind the inside temperatures (I like the cold) but I will agree that it could be considered chilly in The Garden Café and the Library would be uncomfortably cold to many people. 2. We attended several shows in the Bliss Lounge. It is very nice but too small for several of the shows that were hosted there. It was standing room only for the Thursday night shows. We also attended trivia games in the Gatsby’s Bar which was also too small for the people in attendance. 3. We would have preferred that the casino be non-smoking. We felt that the smoking room next to Gatsby’s Bar and smoking outside was ample room for those that like to smoke. I am happy to tell you that none of these three items will prevent us from booking another cruise with NCL or specifically on the Norwegian Dawn. The next time we plan a cruise vacation NCL will be the very first place we look. We will definitely recommend NCL to all of our friends and family. What a great vacation!!

A great trip to Bermuda, excellent 50th anniversary gift for my parents

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Erik9999

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

We thought about what we would change. There are only a few.

What a great vacation!!
Erik9999’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9609
We had an inside cabin which was cozy and just big enough (who wants to spend time in the cabin with so much great stuff to do on board!) for the two of us. The beds are comfortable and the amenities were just right.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins