Emerald Sun Cruise Review

Ok but could do better

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by pem093117

• Sail Date: Aug 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

I had been to Germany on several occasions and wanted to show my wife some of the places I had been. We chose Emerald Waterways as it appeared to fit our requirements. Overall it was a pleasant holiday and the crew and staff on the Emerald Sun are excellent. Breakfast and lunch are good with also the option of having a light breakfast and a light lunch.. Dinner was not an enjoyable experience, I fund the dinning restaurant far to noisy and on two occasions I had to send my food back as it was cold. I was told on one occasion when I returned my stak as being cold that if I ask for a medium steak it would not be piping hot this i can accept but the chips that went with the steak should be hot. I think there should be two sittings to give the staff more time and also it would not be so noisy included excursions were overall good but do not buy the optional castle tour or wine tasting as they are a waste of money. So overall not a bad holiday but it could of been better. So sorry Emerald Waterways I do not think I will be going again foe a while.

pem093117's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony suite 330

Cabin is adequate the drop down window is is what it is a drop down window and not a lot else. Good storage space with wardrobe and two large draws. dressing gowns and slippers are supplied. bathroom is a bit small but meets requirements and has a good shower. Flat screen tv with good channel selection and bow camera, and daily programme.

pem093117