3. Viking Aegir
Chose the Grand European River Cruise aboard the Viking Aegir from high recommendations from various friends. The ship was lovely, we had a French balcony which was just fine as we spen most of our time either uptop or in the main lounge.m staff were helpful, excellent and attentive service, friendly staff and great food and drink. The only complaint I have is that I am Celiac and as there was myself and 5 other Celiacs aboard, you would think they would have been prepared for us. Since we were aboard for a lengthy cruise, ice cream for dessert got boring. Every time they had special recipes cooked from the area we were in, the Celiacs got NOTHING! On the special farewell dinner, they had pretzels, tons of beer and approx 25 different desserts. Again NOTHING for Celiacs! That was very upsetting to me. Also no gluten free beer, even tho we were told they had 51 varieties! This company brags about being able to handle special diets, however, they were not very accommodating to me. Luckily every port had wonderful selections of cookies and snacks that I found to buy for myself I was disappointed that Viking had not seen fit to do this for the 6 people who paid top dollar. My trip was approx seven thousand dollars and they were notified about the special dietary needs almost a yr ahead- lots of time to prepare! Otherwise, it was a great trip.

Loved our cruise, only one small problem!

Viking Aegir Cruise Review by Judi C

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony
Judi C’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Aegir price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 212
Lovely, nicely appointed and enjoyed the large bottles of water for free in your frig. Big closet, safe, loved the heated floors in the bathroom. They had announced they supplied new toiletries but we were unimpressed with them, they were just ok. The French balcony was just fine for fresh air, taking a photo from your room, etc.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins