We had been on a river cruise before with another company and very much enjoyed this kind of experience which you cannot get on an ocean cruise. We were not disappointed this time around. From the shuttle service which took us to the airport from a hotel in Paris (only four of us in the bus!), we knew we were in the hands of a company that was intent on providing first class service. The food was divine - for lovers of seafood this cruise is a paradise! Snails, mussels, and oysters on the last day! - the wine flowed freely, the staff were super-hospitable and attentive, the shore excursions were well-organized with several options for each venue depending on interest and the level of fitness of the travelers. The cruise director, Helene, is perhaps the greatest asset of this ship, so effervescent, funny and enthusiastic, that I don't think there was a soul on ship who didn't fall in love with her! Add to that the unique pleasure of a river cruise, where you can relax and appreciate the beauty of the scenery along the way and where the small number of passsengers - we were less than 100, I believe - creates a more friendly and intimate atmosphere which enables you to make friends more easily. And of course the beauty of Normandy and of Paris, for those like us who decided to extend our trip by a few days. I cannot think of anything negative to say about this cruise other than the fact it was over too soon! We will definitely go with AMA Waterways on more river cruises, perhaps next time to Vietnam and Cambodia.

We will definitely return!

AmaLyra Cruise Review by tsvaig

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony
tsvaig’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaLyra price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A+ 308
The cabin was small but who needs a large cabin,really? The bed was comfortable. What I appreciated was the fantastic shower and a medicine chest with enough room for my toiletries. Would have appreciated a better selection of movies.
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins