3. Carnival Spirit
My first cruise.A solo adventure. Firstly, as I was traveling Solo and paid the Single supplement for an internal room, I was surprised & pleased to be upgraded to a balcony! Thanks Carnival! As a Middle aged Man that is a Farmer, I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed with the number of people everywhere. The activities included meet ups for Singles. Why not meetups for Solo travelers? less pressure...that's a market some Cruise lines have identified and cater for. I enjoyed attending the Empire evening dinner programme - I was placed on a table with some solo travelers and they were a good bunch. Even though it was not school holidays there were definitely a lot of kids on board. One Excursion I found to be excellent was the "behind the scenes" excursion which takes about 15 guests into the background of the ship - visiting the galley, laundry, Engine control room and via thew main highway corridor for staff only all the way up to the bridge and to meet the Captain. If you want to go on this Excursion book ASAP - its very limited and sells out very fast. Two of my dinner pals missed out. Food - You can eat healthy! The Salad bar was amazing! I still managed to put on a pile of weight though.

Everyone should try a cruise.

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by farmerfarmerer

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)
My first cruise.A solo adventure.

Thanks Carnival!

The activities included meet ups for Singles.

Two of my dinner pals missed out.

Food - You can eat healthy!

The Salad bar was amazing!

I still managed to put on a pile of weight though.
farmerfarmerer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Balcony (obstructed views)
Cabin 7A 5239
Could not fault room.Obstructed view? Hardly. The Life boat just below - could see the tug boat and horizon.
Room was immaculate and in good condition.
Bed was good.