3. Carnival Spirit
We chose this cruise for its price the line had some specials going and as we are now pensioners price is paramount. We had not cruised with Carnival before but had cruised with little sister P&O and two of Royal Carribean. I had imagined that Carnival would be much better then P&O but didn't find to much difference except size of ship being much bigger. I did prefer the food in the buffet area on Spirit compared to Aria as at least they had proper seating but like Aria the food was not always hot. However the availability of fresh cooked pizza 24/7 meant that Carnival is way way out in front as well as free icecreams great for late snacks. We scored well in the cabin as we paid for starter fare and got 4th deck in a obstructed view cabin it was fab as it had french doors that fully opened giving fresh air. There was good storage and although the bathroom is quite small it served us well water was hot and strong. The cabin staff were hard working and our cabin was always left clean. The main dining was good and on Spirit each night staff serenade diners I had just lost my Mum and the first time I heard this little show one of the waiter sang Hallelujah I had tears in my eyes is was so moving. This man Simon should be a permanent entertainer he is fabulous. Entertainment I would have liked more bands especially on deck instead of just DJ who by the way is a very nice man but as it was in the enclosed area it was a bit loud. I think on summer cruises this would be fine with the roof open but in winter it is a bit overwhelming but because of cool winds we just went with the flow adults area to cool this time of year with winds. I am not into just solo singers or duos unless they are vibrant and sing upbeat songs most of the entertainment other then Red Frog were this type. Loved the Manila boys they were fun friendly seemed to deliver what fans wanted and understood Aussie mindsets ACDC etc. Two of the night big shows were fabulous but the rest were kinda OK but nothing write home about please stop using magicians they belong in nursing homes and yes I did say we are pensioners. We had great service from all staff there were no complaints at all. Only used on port excursion it was the transport to the beach on Mare a must as the island doesn't have much beach it seems more rocky cliff type swimming. Would I go again yes if price was right but next time in warmer weather as the sea days were long without good deck conditions. I would like Carnival to introduce alcohol packages as drinks were very expensive I think they could make good value.

Good Value but Could Improve

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by verne1956

We had great service from all staff there were no complaints at all.

verne1956’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

This cabin was great value as we paid start up price. Door opens to let fresh air in and a sea view between life boats. If you get given this for low price you will be pleased
  Carnival Spirit Deck Plans