3. Oosterdam
Having set sails with RCCL, NCL, and Celebrity, I tried not to set my standard too high because I know that HAL is going to be different and more traditional. After spending a week on Oosterdam, I can break it down and say things that I like and dislike. Things I like, 1. the relaxing nature of this cruise. It's very laid back and be as lazy as I wanted. 2. Food quality was superb. I like that I didn't notice anything artificial like food coloring. 3. A lot of healthy food options; from no sugar added items to seafood. 4. Drink pricing was reasonable. For example, Cappuccino was $2.25. 5. Everyone seems friendly and very efficient in their own area. 6. Educational events and shows, especially with BBC 7. Elevators were fast and efficient. i particularly loved the scenic elevators with glass panels facing out of the ship. 8. Refurbishment could be seen and easily noticed, especially at the Lido Market. 9. Lot of movies playing, especially in cabin. 10. Getting on and off the ship was super easy. Things I dislike 1. The relaxing nature of this cruise. It gets boring at some point on a week long cruise. 2. Crew members were friendly but restrained. I felt like they were trained to say so much and that's it. 3. The use of public areas could be improved. I ran out of things to explore. 4. The lack of energy. There wasn't much going on at all. Bars were dead and filled with people taking a nap or knitting. 5. Shows were educational and informative. Not exciting and energetic at all. 6. Comedies were good but PG-13 7. The ship could use more seating area, especially at the Lido Market. 8. The lack of food venues to help breaking up the crowd. 9. Duration at ports could have been better. Ketchikan 7am-1pm was silly.

Great Cruise. Average Ship

Oosterdam Cruise Review by nattga

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Things I like,

3. A lot of healthy food options; from no sugar added items to seafood.

4. Drink pricing was reasonable. For example, Cappuccino was $2.25.

5. Everyone seems friendly and very efficient in their own area.

6. Educational events and shows, especially with BBC

9. Lot of movies playing, especially in cabin.

10. Getting on and off the ship was super easy.

Things I dislike

3. The use of public areas could be improved. I ran out of things to explore.

5. Shows were educational and informative. Not exciting and energetic at all.

6. Comedies were good but PG-13

7. The ship could use more seating area, especially at the Lido Market.

8. The lack of food venues to help breaking up the crowd.

9. Duration at ports could have been better. Ketchikan 7am-1pm was silly.
nattga’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin H 4089
This handicap cabin was perfect for us. Super close to stairs and elevators. There was some noise but nothing so loug to bother us. No bathtub was not a problem because roll-in shower was huge. Obstructed view wasn't an issued. We only wanted to check out the weather and see where we're at. Nothing more.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins