Oosterdam Cruise Review by nattga
- Sail Date: May 2017
- Destination: Alaska
- Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Things I like,
1. the relaxing nature of this cruise. It's very laid back and be as lazy as I wanted.
2. Food quality was superb. I like that I didn't notice anything artificial like food coloring.
3. A lot of healthy food options; from no sugar added items to seafood.
4. Drink pricing was reasonable. For example, Cappuccino was $2.25.
5. Everyone seems friendly and very efficient in their own area.
6. Educational events and shows, especially with BBC
7. Elevators were fast and efficient. i particularly loved the scenic elevators with glass panels facing out of the ship.
8. Refurbishment could be seen and easily noticed, especially at the Lido Market.
9. Lot of movies playing, especially in cabin.
10. Getting on and off the ship was super easy.
Things I dislike
1. The relaxing nature of this cruise. It gets boring at some point on a week long cruise.
2. Crew members were friendly but restrained. I felt like they were trained to say so much and that's it.
3. The use of public areas could be improved. I ran out of things to explore.
4. The lack of energy. There wasn't much going on at all. Bars were dead and filled with people taking a nap or knitting.
5. Shows were educational and informative. Not exciting and energetic at all.
6. Comedies were good but PG-13
7. The ship could use more seating area, especially at the Lido Market.
8. The lack of food venues to help breaking up the crowd.
9. Duration at ports could have been better. Ketchikan 7am-1pm was silly.
250,000+ people have entered their email
- View All Outside Cabin Reviews
- View All Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views) (H) Reviews
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
JuneauDepending on the weather, there is no many things to do in Juneau.View All 1,550 Juneau Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Juneau Cruise Port Review
KetchikanWeather wasn't great and time we had was short. At least visit the famous creek street.View All 1,784 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
SeattleGetting on and off was super easy.View All 837 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review
SitkaThis town surprised me. Small but very scenic. Be sure to visit the National park and Raptor center for a closeup with Bald eagles.View All 337 Sitka Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Sitka Cruise Port Review
VictoriaNothing much to do here either due to the duration at this port.View All 1,315 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Victoria Cruise Port Review