3. Navigator of the Seas
We began this celebration of our 35th anniversary with a night in Miami, near the port. We enjoyed a wonderful meal of Cuban food and a it of music to complete our initial travel day. After a relaxing morning at the hotel we made our way via Taxi to the port (5 minutes). Embarkation was smooth as silk. Dropped our bags, went through security and queued up in our line for check-in. Didn't take very long at all and we were on the ship enjoying the first of MANY meals along with a cocktail! We chose an inside cabin on a middle deck. It was roomy, dark (good sleeping) and quiet. Of course the room attendant was excellent thoughout the cruise. One of our bags didn't show up, but it turns out the ship held it because I had a 3" pointless diving knife in my BCD. After talking to a security wall for a few minutes, i gave up and they ended up stealing my knife. Logic did not prevail, but they did give me a pointed, sharp 6" long steak knife each night.. I still don't get it.. anyway.. I choose to eat in a healthy manner. I don't eat grains, starches or sugars as I'm diabetic and low-carb is a requirement for managing my sugar and weight. Not a problem in the Windjammer as you plate your own food and they had real whole foods available to eat. In fact the variety at breakfast and lunch were excellent! In the main dining room it was the efforts of our wait staff that made our experience delightful. They substituted and mixed and matched to create plates that met my dietary requirements. Wonderful experience! The scuba diving in Bonaire and Curacao was wonderful. We booked these ourselves as we've been to the islands on numerous occasions. Atlantis Diving in Curacao with Marcel was wonderful. Met us when and where he said and we enjoyed two 1 hour shore dives. In Bonaire we dove with Dive Friends Bonaire with instructor Evo! Again, thoroughly enjoyed these dives as we picked the site and enjoyed or 60 minute dives. We had booked a dive in Aruba with S.E.Aruba Fly n Dive, but for some reason they aren't able to go where all the other vendors and even taxis go so we waited for them for an hour but they never showed up. Apparently they are restricted from going where the others go - not sure why but it was a lesson learned. Never again.. The adult drink package on the ship was great. No signing pieces of paper, etc. Just order your drinks and enjoy your cruise. Service across the board was excellent. Plenty of places on the ship to enjoy quiet time. Or you can join the other couple of thousand people you're vacationing with out by the pool (not my thing) but they seemed to be having fun.. The nightly entertainment is excellent. Loved the late night comedians - too funny. My only real complaint about this cruise was the fact that they allowed smoking in the casino. The stench was so bad we didn't actually make it inside as the smell knocked you back before getting inside. At least outside you knew not to walk on the port side on the deck that had smoking. Couldn't smell them on the other side of the ship outside.. Cheers!!

9 nights of fun, 4 days of joys - Relaxing