3. Celebrity Reflection
We went on this cruise with another lovely couple who had purchased this cabin for a relative who couldn't end up using so we were lucky enough to have!!! And it coincided with my husbands 60th birthday so even better! As my first cruise I felt a bit spoiled - we had a lovely balcony room at the Aqua class level. The room was very nice, loved the bed - slept like a baby every night - and found accommodations very much above what I envisioned! Room attendant was good - but nothing to rave about. Agree with some other comments about the afternoon crudites - don't bother - although a nice touch the chips were stale every day and i think they should explore other options. Additionally the tea left in the room daily wasn't that good either. Would prefer to see coffee brought each morning or left in the room. So - there were definitely pro's and cons to this trip and I will start with the pro's: Great food experience - being a aqua class level, we had access to Blu as our restaurant - and it did NOT disappoint. The waitstaff and wine sommelier were outstanding - we LOVED Rene Bresley and Violeta!!! We did have one issue one morning where we waited over 20 mins for anyone to take our breakfast order - but once we brought it to their attention they more than made up for it and the rest of the trip and meals were excellent. We did have dinner one night in Tuscan and it was good but Blu was much better! But again, the service was top notch and the wine selections and references were perfect. Embarkation and disembarkation were great - no issues and no time at all!!! Food in other areas was good - gelato was excellent, buffet was delish - although we didn't try everything - no sushi bar, lawn grill or porch as we didn't want to pay extra for that option what we did have for food was very good! Spa - went to the spa twice for 2 different services and it was very nice. One of the best massages i have ever had but a woman from Thailand who was small but mighty!!! The spa is huge and gorgeous but may also be too big - space could be utilized for a larger pool area (see below :) ) Excursions - didn't do any - did get off in each port to shop or sightsee but that was all we wanted to do. Cozumel was good shopping and we had a great lunch at Wet Wendy's (local reference ) and it was awesome!! Mariachi band and all and the food and drinks were great and the prices were LOW!!! Best bargain! Grand Cayman - very islandy vibe and fun to walk around- went back to boat early to try to enjoy the quiet pool area - just visited shops - didn't go beyond the gates based on warnings from others and was happy again to relax on the boat for a bit. Labadee - very nice island and excellent job by the ship getting all of the wonderful amenties off boat and set up a beautiful island experience! The weather, water and experience were great. One negative - the vendors - understandable that they are trying to make a living but their approach and methods put me off and make you uncomfortable and they are all selling the SAME things - not enjoyable and we totally ignored them. Casino was good - plenty of machines and tables for my liking! Ship was beautiful - but as a first time cruiser i don't have a lot to compare it to but it was very pretty, very clean and even though large it was easy to navigate. Cons - Bars - lines and not very friendly! These all appeared to be understaffed as there were always lines and wait times and I have to say that not one bartender was friendly or outgoing - all looked like they were miserable and just going thru the motions. And this was pretty much every bar that we went to and we went to all! The drinks themselves were very good and nice menu options but there is definitely no over pouring or "oversized" drinks on board - which is fine just means you go to the bar more and have to deal with the wait and the mediocre service. Entertainment - eh - so, so - i was expecting much more from what i had heard and was a bit disappointed. Elevators - most of the time there was a long wait for the elevators. I am not opposed to using the stairs but some nights just didn't want to do 7 flights after dinner and a show. Pools - this was probably the most disappointing! There were 2 very small pools in which one was a "kids" pool and considering that there aren't usually small children aboard - it was frustrating. These pools were the size of postage stamps! And for 3000 people on board and almost 3 days at sea - makes for a very frustrating time to find space at or around the pool. People also "reserve" spots and don't use them and despite what Celebrity says about removing towels - this never ever happens so you then have to do what they do and go "reserve" your own spots but then actually use them. The Lawn area is a waste - it only got used on sea days as people laid on it because there were no chairs or lounges but other than that no one used that area for anything and its NOT close to the pool so I am not sure I understand the point of it as there are many other areas on the ship to relax. Activities - again, eh - i wish I had taken advantage of some of the daily exercise options but timing didn't work out but besides that there wasn't much i was interested in. Games or movies aren't my bag on vacation so it could be me but overall I didn't feel that there was an overwhelming variety of choices. In summary - I enjoyed this cruise a lot!! and I would take another one in the future but can't say it would be on Celebrity as I would like to explore other ships and read other reviews. I felt it was a good value for the price and would recommend although for the sake of cost I would never go out of Miami during the spring break time frame - we paid thru the nose for airfare and hotels because of the timing!! Additionally, as English speaking travelers we were definitely in the minority as there was a very heavy international crowd on this ship at this time which is fine but I wasn't expecting it. Just food for thought and I will definitely sail again in the future!

First cruise - very nice experience

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Maddiegirl13

Embarkation and disembarkation were great - no issues and no time at all!!!

Casino was good - plenty of machines and tables for my liking!

Cons -

Maddiegirl13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1618
Very nice, roomy and clean
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins