Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Lancsgirl52

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Inside

We chose this particular itinerary because of the unusual ports of call, especially Central America. This did not disappoint in the least. However, the NCL experience could have been better. First of all, embarkation was complete chaos and very disorganized. Long lines and half-way into our wait, quite a number of agents just "disappeared" making the wait even longer. No system at all. Maybe they should follow another cruise line by having staggered check-in times depending what deck you are booked on.

The ship itself was very disappointing. Did not realize it had no open atrium, so it felt very enclosed. I didn't like that most of the bars were next to each other in a long line. No special area to go to. There wasn't a small cafe where you could get light snacks such as sandwiches, cookies and coffee which I definitely missed.

Although I liked the choice of dining when we chose to, I did not like the "freestyle" experience seeing tattered t-shirts, shorts, beach sandals being worn by some of the passengers in the dining rooms in the evening. This especially so in the Azura Dining Room. I think there should be some sort of dress code in the evenings. Casual dress should be worn for the buffet only in the evenings. As such, I didn't wear a second evening dress as most people didn't even bother. I think it is nice to see ALL passengers dressed for formal nights.

No shrimp cocktail was served in main dining rooms, only once on the buffet that we noticed. Small coffee cups in dining room too, why???

The entertainment was excellent as was the cruise director, but do not think I will travel NCL in the future, unfortunately.

Lancsgirl52's Full Rating Summary

Inside

As far as the cabin was concerned, there was ample storage. However, the lighting was just terrible at the dressing table. Only two small lights leaving me to get ready by bedside light using a hand mirror that I had thankfully brought along.

Lancsgirl52