• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Lancsgirl52
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2017
Cabin: Inside

We chose this particular itinerary because of the unusual ports of call, especially Central America. This did not disappoint in the least. However, the NCL experience could have been better. First of all, embarkation was complete chaos and very disorganized. Long lines and half-way into our wait, quite a number of agents just "disappeared" making the wait even longer. No system at all. Maybe they should follow another cruise line by having staggered check-in times depending what deck you are booked on.

The ship itself was very disappointing. Did not realize it had no open atrium, so it felt very enclosed. I didn't like that most of the bars were next to each other in a long line. No special area to go to. There wasn't a small cafe where you could get light snacks such as sandwiches, cookies and coffee which I definitely missed.

Although I liked the choice of dining when we chose to, I did not like the "freestyle" experience seeing tattered t-shirts, shorts, beach sandals being worn by some of the passengers in the dining rooms in the evening. This especially so in the Azura Dining Room. I think there should be some sort of dress code in the evenings. Casual dress should be worn for the buffet only in the evenings. As such, I didn't wear a second evening dress as most people didn't even bother. I think it is nice to see ALL passengers dressed for formal nights.

Inside

As far as the cabin was concerned, there was ample storage. However, the lighting was just terrible at the dressing table. Only two small lights leaving me to get ready by bedside light using a hand mirror that I had thankfully brought along.

Find a Norwegian Jewel Cruise from $468