Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by mr.blessed

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

We chose this cruise because it was Her turn to choose! It has been on Rachel's bucket list for awhile now. Mine too, a win win I call it! This was our first time on Norwegian and It was not a disappointment. I enjoyed the choice of food in the garden cafe, specialty restaurants, and the other dining options as well. Our cabin was # 4573 inside, no problems at all. The ships decor was a pleasant surprise from our most frequent line, Carnival, with a more conservative wood theme in the cabins and throughout the ship. I have read some reviews saying the ships interior was faded, and out dated. I found that to be false. I personally find many of Carnivals ships to be gaudy, so a wood theme worked for me.

We experienced no problems on embarkation or debarkation(Miami / San Pedro) or at any of the ports of call. My wife found the entertainment a little weak, but the Circus show was great! We found the crew to be friendly, for the most part, and willing to help with any needs that were asked. The people on this particular cruise was a bit older, as we are in our forties and lower fifty's, and wanting to unwind from the daily grind, we found it refreshing to not have to fight for a spot in the Jacuzzi, or pool. We met some really great people too, Clive, Gaile, & Noela from Australia, Mark & Toni from Minnesota, Lenny & Vickie(squiggy) also from Minnesota. Among others, Great crowed!

mr.blessed's Full Rating Summary