3. Carnival Magic
See cabin review below....6205, not enjoyable at all!... WORST CABIN EVER! Do not book this for the so-called Balcony....far to windy to use it! Dining, we were very happy with the food. The Pig and Anchor was good. Guys Burgers were fantastic! We ate at the Italian restaurant twice and the Steakhouse once. All were absolutely delicious! The Lido deck was always crazy and most difficult to find tables to seat 5 people. Your food was cold by the time you found seats and drinks. Our experience in the Northern Lights Dining room was awesome! We loved Oscar and Novia. They made you feel so special and we always laughed after leaving dinner! Entertainment, was pretty good. We always found something to do after dinner, although we did see many people playing cards or board games. We enjoyed the shows, but the music was loud and there were lots of laser lights. The Violinists were enjoyable, and Rod (who looked like Rod Stewart) did a great job at the Play it Again Bar. Photos, finding your photos was nearly impossible! How can you find photos of this many passengers? There was no easy way. You had to look on both sides of the ship and we still didn't find many of ours! My suggestion would be to display them by cabin number. Passengers, we found everyone to be very helpful as far as holding elevators for the numerous amounts of passengers in wheelchairs, scooters or using canes. This was refreshing. Fitness and Rec, Lots to do on this ship for kids. My husband enjoyed the gym. My fitness consisted of using the stairs as often as I could! Ship, Restrooms and Public areas, were kept very clean. There is a STRONG sewage smell everywhere on this ship. We noticed the odor as soon as we got onboard. A huge complaint I have is regarding the casino. THE SMOKE SMELL IS HORRENDOUS...ENOUGH THAT IT MADE MY EYES BURN! It is right in the middle of the ship on Deck 5. So all of the lounge areas around it have the same smokey atmosphere. You have to go through the casino to get from one end of the ship to the other. The only options are to go up to another deck and go across and then go back down! Just a little extra effort if you are in a wheelchair! Our cabin steward "Super Duper" was always smiling and did an awesome job! They work very hard. They clean your cabin once/day, your choice: morning or evening, but he was always willing to bring anything we needed. I asked for ice the first day and he brought it every day. I ordered a 12 pk of water and a 6 pk coke, so it was nice to have it. Shore excursions, we had a cabana in Amber Cove. Wonderful, but a bit expensive. Included water toys and Zip line. Puerto Rico, we enjoyed Puerto Rico's Favorites. A trip to the Rain Forest with Sol...who did a fantastic job. He made the tour fun and gave a wealth of information! Then on to the Forts. In St Thomas we went to Paradise Point where everyone enjoyed Bushwackers and Painkillers. Gran Turk, we did a tour with Island Trams. Also informative and a short shopping experience in a very poor part of the island. Embarkation, was a bit of mass confusion, as the port had been closed earlier due to fog. Non moving traffic for hours, no one to blame for this but the weather! However, People stood outside in the warm sun waiting to get cleared to get into the terminal once the port opened. Debarkation, we carried our luggage off the ship around 9 AM. This process went pretty smooth, although the employees in the terminal could use a little bit of anger management! I love Carnival and have sailed them many times, But I would NEVER sail on the Carnival Magic, again....or any other ship in this class!

Not Magical...AT ALL!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by SOMBRERO6

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

SOMBRERO6’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 6205
Do not book Cabin 6205....Worst cabin...ever! We couldn't sleep 3 nights out of seven, due to loud explosion noises, all night long. Guest services came up to our cabin and agreed how awful the noises were. Our walls and our bed literally shook and the doors and drawers rattled. The Mgr. called the next day, to say it was weather related. He said this was normal for the 4 ships in this Carnival class. He also said that 100 cabins on each of these ships experience this due to waves crashing. Mind you, it was not storming! Several cruisers complained about this and one even went to Guest Services to ask when the construction would be over (due to noise). They had no other cabins to offer us (how could they if it affects 100 people on every cruise?) We were given a $50.00 on-board credit. Strangely, on disembarkation day, we heard the very same noises at the pool, coming from the air compressors!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins