3. Carnival Vista
On board I discovered the cabin next to us paid $700 less than we did (they booked around a year or so ago). When I told friends we met on board, I discovered they paid $800 less than us. They booked around 2 or 3 months prior to sailing. Both, like us, were on 3 b-to-backs and this was the transatlantic crossing portion. We were ending 15 mths of travel worldwide. We booked a while ago, but did not always have internet availability. After 33 cruises, I'm well aware of cruise price fluctuation and it being the responsibility of the travelers to check constantly for price fluctuations. It just wasn't always possible when on the go, although I did email vtg a couple of times as I had a feeling my price was high. Very disappointed in the fare difference We were involved in a car accident as passengers (in Spain) the day before we boarded. I judge the ship from the perspective of someone with limited mobility. Elevators slow. No big crow's nest-type place to relax indoors. No toilets on deck 11. Had to make my way down one deck Lido deck (Marketplace) was inconvenient for me, Muffins at the back of the ship, croissants in the fwd section); grapefruit & prunes at back, other items fwd etc. Too much walking, crew helped, but would have liked to get it myself. Crew were attentive when I needed help (quite often) and the first 2 cruises were perfect for recovery (port intensive, so we had the ship to ourselves almost every day.) Doctor on board was always busy. (Availed myself of their xrays and he replaced my cast with another. Kept me supplied with drugs until I was able to fill a prescription). Perfect to know he was on board if I needed him and I did not feel the charges were excessive (the way most excursions are for instance) We're used to Celebrity food so we kept our expectations low since we were sailing Carnival. Food far exceeded our low expectations (still prefer Celebrity's food though) Plush comfortable deck chairs were SO appreciated! All in all, quite a different cruise experience (had to cancel all excursion plans due to our disability). We had a wonderful time and I can still say "we've never been on a cruise we didn't absolutely love"!

The ship from a handicapped point of view

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Cammy8

No big crow's nest-type place to relax indoors.

No toilets on deck 11. Had to make my way down one deck

Plush comfortable deck chairs were SO appreciated!

Cammy8’s Full Rating Summary