3. Carnival Miracle
This was my second Carnival cruise. I had, overall, a good time and I will start with the good from this cruise. The staff was incredibly friendly and seemed to be everywhere. Jaime, the Cruise Director was fantastic. I am retired USAF, and the military program one afternoon was memorable. Many vets I saw were in tears. Possibly due to the itinerary which included Honolulu, there were an extraordinary number of vets onboard. There was even a WWII vet who was honored. Two of the production numbers were very well done and a couple of the other entertainers in the main theater were good. The comedy club was a bit spotty – some very good, some not so much. Our cabin was spotlessly maintained and had a wonderful balcony. We had no problems at all with noise. This being a ‘Journeys’ cruise, some of the now eliminated niceties were brought back – the Captain’s cocktail party and the midnight buffet for instance. They had a guest lecturer who was excellent. While no longer ‘gourmet’, the food was quite good, both in the MDR and Lido. The ‘Sea Day Brunch’ was a nice touch and very good. Being a musician and having run sound, I must make a call out here to one of the best sound techs I have ever experienced. The man is fabulous and Carnival should do everything in its power to keep him happy and employed. Yes, I made it a point to speak to him personally. I have read many comments about the severe lessening of the little niceties, like tablecloths, the old menu, etc. I agree that these things might have helped keep the cost down, it is not what I really expect from a cruise. I don’t mean that I need a ‘luxury’ line, but things just are not the same. There being no dedicated bar waiter, we got our martinis just as the dishes were being cleared before the main course. A small ‘bribe’, and our martinis were already ordered when we got to the table and the drinks were there before we ordered the rest of the cruise. The first production number was fantastic, so we went to the ‘50s music show. A total waste of time. The cast did a couple of numbers, then there was an ‘Elvis Lip Sync(!)’ contest between three crew members followed by the glee club, followed by 5 or six audience members dancing with a cast member. Not exactly what we expected. My wife was quite concerned about sanitary procedures onboard. We observed over half of people entering MDR or Lido not using the sanitizing fluid. On another cruise line, crew stood at all dining venue entrances and personally squirted everybody entering. We feel this should be done on Carnival also. Now for the really bad in the opinion of many on the ship. There was a free bingo game one morning at 9:45 where the prize was a free cruise. We arrived at 9:15 to find some program in progress with the theater completely full – with whole rows of saved seats – of people who had no interest whatever in the program in progress. They all came there for the free bingo. With an event such as this, do not have a preceding program; open the theater 30 minutes ahead and then everybody has a chance. Yes, I will be accused of whining, but I am expressing the opinion of many who were turned away that morning. Taken overall, a good cruise with, in my opinion, a few flaws.

Generally good with some flaws

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by flutepilot

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

Taken overall, a good cruise with, in my opinion, a few flaws.
flutepilot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K 7295
The cabin was about average for this class of ship. It is well laid out and the extended balcony was nice. The bed was very nice and my wife now wants a comforter like the one in our cabin. The bathroom was small, but usable. The cabin was well serviced and the cabin steward was very pleasant. My one gripe, one I had seen before, was the amount of electrical power available.One 110V and one 220V outlet are very restricting. I also brought a 25 foot extension cord to get to my CPAP., which used up the 110V outlet for the entire cruise I also had a clock on that cord next to (actually on top of) the CPAP, as the small side table was really small.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins