3. Carnival Miracle
My husband and I are regular cruisers. The majority of our cruises have been with Carnival with no really bad experiences until now. I have to say that it will probably be awhile before we take another. We chose this one because we liked the idea of being on a long cruise. We have priority boarding as we are Platinum. The port at Long Beach leaves a lot to be desired. You are left to stand in line outside in the elements. Priority moves very slowly, much more so than any other port we have encountered. Our cabin was ok. As this is a pretty old ship, the cabin furniture is worn. Carpets are in need of changing. We found mold in the bathroom that was not attended to during the cruise. The glass on our aft balcony was filthy and no attempt was made to clean it. It was not good when you wanted to sit out and look through dirty glass. People were smoking on the balconies, so the smell was almost always present. The water in the toilets was yellow to brown. We complained about it and it cleared up some but never entirely. The sink did not drain. Our cabin stewards did the best that they could under the circumstances. We had any time dining and ate most of our meals in the dining room. We found food on the buffet to be really bad. The fruit and salad was about all I could eat there. Usually the food in the dining room is much better. It was hit and miss here also. Even the food in the Nick and Nora's Steakhouse was not up to it's usual standards. We missed the Guy's Burgers. Even though we had anytime dining, we asked for the same team every night. We loved I Gusti and Murat. They were the best we have ever had on any cruise. The Alchemy Bar was a lifesaver for us. We do not drink alcohol and prefer all natural ingredients. The girls that run this bar, Vera, Nevena and Kateryna do an amazing job making fresh non-alcoholic drinks for whatever ails you. This was a favorite place for us to hang out and play cards and drink our drinks. They had a fabulous two party ensemble that played there every day. The music was soothing and lovely. We liked the Comedy Club and the Love and Marriage show. We don't do bingo. I do play some in the casino but the smoke here was so bad that I stayed away a lot. We found the smell of smoke on this ship to be almost unbearable in places. The atrium was exceptionally bad. It was like they pumped the smoke from the casino into the atrium. All the sea days, eight of them, were rough seas. We actually missed two ports due to high winds. This was a big disappointment to us, especially considering the cost of this cruise. One other thing, the number of people that were sick on this cruise. We noticed it our first day. Lots of coughing and sneezing. As the days went on, it became worse with more and more people coughing, sneezing and not trying to keep it from the other passengers. On our third day from the end, my husband got sick and had to go see the ships doctor. He had come down with acute bronchitis. One day out, I got the same. We both were very sick, On going to the doctor our first day home, I was diagnosed with the flu as well. So all of this contracted on the ship. Not good.

The Worst Cruise We Have Ever Taken