CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • Cruise Tips

Seabourn Odyssey Review

Editor Rating
14 Awards

The only thing that made my 57th cruise less than perfect was the poor gym.

Review for Seabourn Odyssey to Transatlantic
bradical61
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin: Veranda Suite

I have often repositioned from Europe where I live, to the United States to visit my family...I must say that the Seabourn Odyssey ranked tops in almost every category.

I have only paid to cruise a few times as I normally am at work bringing guests onto the ships, and cruising as the Tour Manager, not as the Cruise Director....

I have heard reviews about 45 minute long deliveries of Coke Light, on every night of their cruise, and the entire dining room up in arms about slow, poor service....I am a Tour Manager, and have been one for the last 30 years...I know excellent service as I dine in restaurants breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day, about 250 days a year, so figure I have eaten over 21,000 restaurant meals, free, for work...further, I eat out on my own 5 meals a week, in some of the very best restaurants in the world, JOEL ROBUCHON, GUY SAVOY, ENRICO DERFLINGHER, MICHAEL MINA, THOMAS KELLER, BRADLEY OGDEN, CRISTINA BOWERMAN, etc. , etc.

Veranda Suite

Cabin V2

A true problem cabin...on one hand, its proxomity to Seabourn Square was a plus, as was the design to the cabin itself, it seemed our closet was really nicer than most, but the real problem was the tiny, almost unusable mini veranda...you could not dine out on it, so it was a true problem, fiurthermore, as it jutted out from the ship, in the mornings when the pool areas were washed, water would rain down on the mini veranda...highly do not recommend this cabin.

Port Reviews

Lisbon

Lisbon is a truly AMAZING city, we spent 4 days, and wished we had more time there.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Remember at this time of the year, all the beaches display purple flags....look it up on the internet what that means....best to fly to San Juan, or St Martin cause Florida sucks on the Atlantic side.

6 Helpful Votes