3. Seabourn Odyssey
I have often repositioned from Europe where I live, to the United States to visit my family...I must say that the Seabourn Odyssey ranked tops in almost every category. I have only paid to cruise a few times as I normally am at work bringing guests onto the ships, and cruising as the Tour Manager, not as the Cruise Director.... I have heard reviews about 45 minute long deliveries of Coke Light, on every night of their cruise, and the entire dining room up in arms about slow, poor service....I am a Tour Manager, and have been one for the last 30 years...I know excellent service as I dine in restaurants breakfast, lunch, and dinner...every day, about 250 days a year, so figure I have eaten over 21,000 restaurant meals, free, for work...further, I eat out on my own 5 meals a week, in some of the very best restaurants in the world, JOEL ROBUCHON, GUY SAVOY, ENRICO DERFLINGHER, MICHAEL MINA, THOMAS KELLER, BRADLEY OGDEN, CRISTINA BOWERMAN, etc. , etc. So what restaurants were these people describing on the Odyssey???…no way, no how, can the service be described as anything less than excellent...yes, I had a forgotten ice tea, and a main course took a little time once or twice, BWTF are we in such a hurry for to begin with...for those that wrote such false things about the outstanding staff in the restaurants front and back of the house, please check out a movement called #SLOW-FOOD in Italy...the difference between eating and dining is about 1 1/2 hours...The buffet at the Colonnade was always an option! THE GOOD: AMAZING SHIP, awesome embarcation, debarcation, due mainly to having only 450 guests on board, amazing food, AWESOME FRENCH FRIES, and I loved the breadsticks, but the fries are world class, Thomas Keller every other night!, coffee and cakes at the Seabourn Square, amazing books in the library, the plethora of chaise lounges all over the ship, The SERVICE by all of the staff, the included quality of the wines, and included drinks, Hendricks anyone?… the lectures, the amazing television channels, the wifi when it worked, the FREE LAUNDRY ROOMS, with irons...the free and included, constantly revstocked mini bars in the cabins. Superb knowledge of wine by everyone in the dining rooms, and especially bynthe actual Sommeliers... Awesome bathrooms with full deep baths and seperate showers. THE BAD: calling the ship and experience 6 star( certainly the following should not have happened or been possible on a 6 star ship) as it is too subjective and builds expectations too high, the poor GYM, what one would find in a 3 star hotel, terrible not having the missing 10 machines, and thinking the Technogym Wall would suffice( hard to use if a stretching or Yoga Class is in that area, The poor areas for streching classes, a true let down in a large spa area, mens and womens change rooms had tiny saunas, for two or three people max, NOT SIX STARS! The damaged and stained windows in the gym area...The pay for extra quiet area in the spa, the infrared saunas would burn your butt big time, and the whole area should have been the gym to begin with...Not giving out a list of ALL THE WINES AVAILABLE by the glass, why should I have to ask for that list? Why was it delivered 2 days later? Terribly small T.V.'S mounted in a stupid way, so not fully viewable from the bed…really not 6 star....we should have 50" tvs, with sound bars....The mini golf was a joke, 6 star is on the Celebrity Equinox, on real grass, or any Royal Carribean ship, epically not 6 star, nor were the 60% selection of left handed putters and woods and irons...why was there not a golf simulator on board? The Ping Pong table was in a far too windy area...for such ultra limited recreation choices, this ship ranked a 1 star rating, beyond poor...SUITES? A suite must have a seperate bedroom, otherwise it is a Jr Suite...these CABINS were generous in size, but the Cruise Ship Industry deserves to get sued by every single passenger, when their cabins turn out to be just that, when they a buy SUITES.... THE UGLY: no wine lectures or iPad classes, or photo work shops...the one wine tasting offered was to drink 40 dollar glasses of wine....why so expensive? Why not use the wines included for free and discuss them? CONCLUSION: I loved this cruise ship, and Seabourn in general, however not 6 star, as that infers beyond perfect...I loved the inclusive nature of everything on board, and the CAN DO attitude of everyone on board...I thought the food was great, better than all my cruises so far, with strong competition from the French Chefs on Le Ponant, and the amazing chefs on the Mississippi Queen....EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE SHIP SEEMED TO BE A REPEAT GUEST… incredible loyal following, and I can see why....Seabourn is a class act in every way....I cannot wait to book again!!!!

The only thing that made my 57th cruise less than perfect was the poor gym.

Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by bradical61

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

bradical61’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Odyssey price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V2 746
A true problem cabin...on one hand, its proxomity to Seabourn Square was a plus, as was the design to the cabin itself, it seemed our closet was really nicer than most, but the real problem was the tiny, almost unusable mini veranda...you could not dine out on it, so it was a true problem, fiurthermore, as it jutted out from the ship, in the mornings when the pool areas were washed, water would rain down on the mini veranda...highly do not recommend this cabin.
Deck 7 Suite Cabins