3. Harmony of the Seas
Summary: We booked this cruise last minute to join some family members. I read all the reviews, but honestly could not believe Royal's best and latest ship could really have so many issues. Well, believe the reviews and save your vacation. This was the only ship my family was ready to go before it even ended. In the end, all we can really tell friends and family is that we received a great upgrade at no cost and sailed the largest cruise ship in the world. Background: There was a total of 13 extended family members on this voyage ranging from 10 to 60. I've sailed Carnival, Royal, NCL, Disney, etc. I love new ships! Hotel information: My family stayed at the Marriott Towneplace Weston to get rid of some Marriott points. Ship information: 1/14/2016 sailing, Cabin 9666-Balcony, Deluxe Drink Package purchased, Excursions purchased Activities: Service: Service was a hit and miss. We booked a gty cabin 26 days out and were upgraded to an Oceanview and then a balcony. I'm assuming because we were celebrating out anniversary, but I'm not sure. We were so excited and thankful by the generosity of Royal. However, it was never consistent after that. Bars/Extras: There were two times I ordered a pina colada and received a virgin drink (confirmed by waiter/bartender). No big deal as I had the drink package, but I would have been upset paying $13 for a milkshake. Port & shore excursions: Great weather & ports-Labadee is a great port and very well kept. Drink package access available on Labadee, but Pina Coladas were not available, but there were other options. Lunch was very good, but meat should have been covered to keep flies away. There were many flying all over the meat and the staff could care less. Travel to embarkation port: Charleston, SC to Port Everglades, easy as we usually sail from Miami Cabin: 9666- Oceanview Balcony- Great location, right outside the elevators and Dazzles. Minimal outside noise and lots of space. Great view! Sadly carpet already has nasty stains- Day 1 Our room was clearly not vacuumed when we boarded as there was medication and food? right in the middle of the floor. I called to have it cleaned and she came quickly, but acted as though I inconvenienced her. Our room steward was very efficient, but not the friendliest and had a habit of just walking into the stateroom without knocking (if the DND sign was not present). Dining/Activities/Entertainment: I reserved all shows and dining times prior to boarding. Dinner times worked out perfect with exception of day 1. Food was average at best, but Andrea (unsure where she is from) and Maria of Jamaica were great! The layout of the Windjammer is crazy and simply doesn’t work. Many guests I spoke with during the cruise were upset about the lack of employees for crowd control. No use of lines and guests constantly hovering so close one could hardly put food on a plate. I thought I was just being picky, but others expressed the same feelings. This was just awful and I've sailed NCL Escape during spring break with over a thousand kids. The ice cream machine was set on a slow setting or either broken the entire cruise. It would take almost a full minute for one cone…seriously. Many guests advised the staff, but it was never resolved. Shows on the other hand ended up being a nightmare. Day 1 and 2 of the Fine Line aqua show ended up being cancelled. Big disappointment, but things happen. What irritated me was how the cancellation was handled. Our day 1 aqua show was automatically rescheduled to another day...overlapping another show. No problem, at least the ship rescheduled it as Fine Line and Grease were our only must see shows and any others were a treat. Well, the time Harmony rescheduled us to in the system on day one was not updated in the system when they changed the time again and we arrived 15 mins late and could not through the mass of people to see if we could still be seated. We ended up missing Fine Line and our originally scheduled show. At that point everything show wise just snowballed. We finally saw the show, but I took 3 attempts. Fine Line- Great performance, but RC should have a backup show option since there are so many issues with the aqua theater. A comedy show or movie could easily be held there if there are water pump issues like we experienced. Grease-Great performance and a must see, but the guests were awful. So many ppl recording the show. Literally holding the phone to the side not to interfere with their view, but block others. Never experienced this in any theater at sea or land. Comedy show- I thought it was awesome they did family shows in the theater. Comedy shows are usually my top compliant on most lines because of small venues. Pools/Jacuzzi- lots of options/space. Slides/Flowrider/Rock wall/Etc.- Fun and kept the pool crowd levels down. Casino was overwhelmed with smoke...glad it was tucked away. Passed on the spa as it smelled like smoke during the tour. Children's clubs- My son did not step foot in the camp after reading the activities. He was disappointed it wasn’t as active as previous kids clubs he experienced. Arcade was basic and that’s coming from someone who barely played games as a kid. There were even a few games broken. Disembarkation: Total mess, it reminded me of when I sailed out of Jacksonville. I vowed never to return. Summary: Everyone wants to try the Oasis class, just make sure you don't spend an arm and a leg. Simply not worth it. We wont be cruising RC in the future.

Disappointed...Won't be returning