Allure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,995 Reviews

Money can be spent better for a quality cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by flintstonee

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

BEWARE OF FT LAUDERDALE CABS FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE TERMINAL. They attempt to overcharge claiming extra passsengers. Ours for the second year in in a row asked for $10.00 over and above the meter rate. I asked for a receipt, magically the price was reduced!

Embarkation and disembarkation was organized and went well considering the size of the ship. The cabins were clean, beds comfortable, however bathroom showers rather small. Noticable dirty/worn cushions on the sofa. Television channels were looped reruns except for cnn.

First night of my time dining we waited an hour for our main course, waiters seemed tired and disconected. My opinion, too many passengers for these hard working men and women to serve. Food I would rate below average, the lobster had no taste except for the melted butter on it. On another evening the manhatten steak was waffer thin with muscle veined throughout. The Windjammer consisted of long lineups, passengers simply forced to wait for lunch or dinner. Again too many passengers for the resources available. Once, at breakfast did a waiter ask if I would like a coffee refill.

The musical Mamma Mia was a good performance, very well presented. The only surprise was the king can of fosters beer I ordered. It came to $9.38 USD. Needless to say it was slowly sipped. I asked customer service about this since many past cruises beer was never this expensive. Their reply was we were on a premium ship,RCL charges extra because of this!

Ports of call were ok, except for very little time in Nassau not enough time for what we wanted to do.

Lots to do if you do not mind long lineups, especially in the elevators, where we usually went in sideways. About 16 or so in every elevator, after passing on already ones loaded to capacity.

In closing we have been loyal to Royal Caribbean for about 6 years, up to platinum status. Future cruises will involve checking all cruise lines for prices and promotions, Cruise Lines will earn our business since it is not a cheap vacation.

flintstonee's Full Rating Summary