Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by sailorgal28

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Hubby and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary on this cruise. This was my 5th trip on the Paradise as we live close by. It is an older ship and a party boat. There are lots of activities: I especially enjoyed the Love and Marriage Show, chilling on the Serenity deck, gaming in the Casino, dancing in the Rex Nightclub and going to the comedy shows.

The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Suparta was our room steward and did a great job.

The stateroom was perfect for two. We had the king bed layout and had plenty of room. We had Ocean View on the Riviera Deck #96 as I prefer low and midship for minimal rocking. We did not hear a peep from our neighbors.

Something you should know is that Carnival no longer lets passengers decorate their cabin door. We had a small 4 x 6 inch flat magnet to mark our stateroom (it said Happy Anniversary) and were asked to remove it on the first day.

My favorite part of the cruise is eating in the Main Dining room. As we had your time dining we had different wait staff until the 3rd night when we were seated with Sacarro. He was excellent and we requested him the next night. We were automatically seated with him on the 5th night. It's the little things that the staff does so well. Thanks Alma.

The food was mostly good. You should know that Carnival has done away with lobster night and replaced it with the Steakhouse Selections on the menu, surf and turf or lobster, for a $20 fee. Don't miss Seaday Brunch. You can ask for a window seat and enjoy the Gulf of Mexico as you dine.

Danny at the coffee bar remembered how I like my coffee form the first day. How do they do that? Another example of the little things...

In Grand Cayman we did our own thing: took a city bus to Governors Beach ($5 for both) with our gear and snorkeled. Window shopped in Georgetown: $$$ here!

In Cozumel we hired a driver and toured the island visiting Coconuts, Punta Morena, and walked a bit downtown.

A Carnival cruise is an inexpensive getaway:

Expect a party atmosphere, meet new friends and make the most out of life and the cruise!

sailorgal28's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R96

Plenty of room with king layout. Lots of closet space. Window could have been cleaner but we didn't stay here but to sleep and shower. Hot water is very hot! Check before hopping in. The mirror on the medicine cabinet showed it's age and stuck but still worked.

I felt that it was kept clean having service twice a day.

Cozumel

We hired a driver with another couple. $200 for 5 hours total. ( we tipped after as Freddy was fun) We went to Coconuts and Punta Morena on the east side then back to San Miguel for a walk about. The other couple shopped for souvenirs. I suspect most are made in China and did not purchase any. Lots of Hard Sell downtown so get your NO on.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

On our own we took a city bus just outside of the port for $2.50 each to Governors Beach with our own snorkel gear. This is a no frills beach: no bar, food or changing area, just a port o let. We brought our own water and enjoyed the beach and reef for 2 hours. After, we crossed the street and hailed a city bus back to the port.

sailorgal28