3. Carnival Valor
While I always felt like Carnival was a good value for your money in the past. I cannot give this recommendation anymore. This cruise will probably be my last on carnival. I'll start off with the positive: 1. Generally, nice staff 2. Two shows were great That's about it. Negatives: 1. Problem with cabin door not closing properly, which caused a roaring noise that kept us up the first night. Took forever to get it repaired. Kimberly in guest services was terrible. Had to escalate it to management before someone finally came. (Mgmt did follow thru to make sure it was taken care of and gave us a bottle of wine- but again, only when we decided not to deal with Kimberly in guest relations any longer did we get results). 2. Food quality has gone down hill drastically. Elegant night's main entree was four shrimp (one being bad) in tomato sauce. What happened to lobster tail? 3. Buffet on lido deck has smaller selection, especially in dessert section. 4. No more hot breakfasts delivered to cabins. Only continental breakfast. 5. Only two shows on this cruise. The other two nights were just "fill in" stuff. Many people left. 6. Probably most uncomfortable mattress I have slept on. 7. Balcony plexi glass was so dirty you could not see through it.

Done with Carnival - no longer a good value for your money.

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Suzyq52

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I'll start off with the positive:

1. Generally, nice staff

2. Two shows were great

That's about it.

Negatives:

3. Buffet on lido deck has smaller selection, especially in dessert section.

4. No more hot breakfasts delivered to cabins. Only continental breakfast.

6. Probably most uncomfortable mattress I have slept on.

7. Balcony plexi glass was so dirty you could not see through it.
Suzyq52’s Full Rating Summary