3. Norwegian Jewel
We decided that since our kids are grown and busy for the Thanksgiving Holiday, we'd go on a cruise. We have cruised many times before. After my last few cruises with another cruise line, I decided that I'd not be using that cruise line again. I called the cruise line as apposed to booking online. My usual go-to's for booking said the ship was sold out. The customer service at NCL was top-notch! I was able to get an outside room. No balcony, so I was a little concerned about it being too small. Embarkation was the smoothest I have ever encountered. We were on the ship in probably 15 minutes. All of the staff was so pleasant and seemed genuinely happy to be assisting us. Next step; go check out the little room. I was unnecessarily concerned! The room had ample room for everything we brought. There was a cute little mini bar, a vanity and chair, a small desk, good-sized television, and the bathroom was extremely well laid-out. The toilet, sink area & shower were all separate. The water got hot fast, the water pressure was great. Not a complaint I could think of about the small porthole cabin. We then proceeded to check out the ship. There is entertainment for absolutely everyone. I did not travel with little ones, but I have cruised many times with my kids when they were small. The kids on this ship all looked like they were having a blast. There were ample areas for kids, and ample kid-free areas for adults. Another thing I noticed was that the kids all seemed to be very-well supervised. Our room was kept very tidy by our room steward. I always enjoy the little towel critters on my bed in the evening. Wifi package worked well throughout the ship. We got off the ship in Cabo. The process was seamless and smooth. Upon return, there was ice cold lemonade, water and a cool wet towel waiting where you board the tender boat. There was plently of time on Cabo to take a 1/2 day fishing trip, shop, explore, parasail, etc. I did not book any shore excursions. I chose to go to the spa instead. The spa is refreshing, and has beautiful warm views all around. The food was amazing. We ate in the Main Azura dining room one night. I'd classify this as the most casual of the placed to eat. Service was simple and fast. Food was hot and well-prepared. We ate the Le Bistro another night. The service was amazing and the food was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We also dined at the Teppanyaki. The food was every bit as good as any chain teppanyaki restaurant on land, and our chef, Velmon, was hilarious and talented. Loved it! The rest of the time, we dined in the Garden Cafe or O'Sheehans. I cannot say enough good about the food. Variety, taste, quality...it was all great. The bar service was also wonderful and friendly. I hate to name any names because I can't name them all, but the Training Manager, Kim Price, was fun to talk to and cared about her staff. Rushane and Lillian really stood out as fun people to talk to, but all were wonderful. I cannot wait to plan the next cruise! I would love to do a suite next time. Norwegian was beyond my expectations and I will be booking again very soon!

NCL is Wonderful!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Holi

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window

Wifi package worked well throughout the ship.

Holi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4512
I was unnecessarily concerned about the tiny room I booked! The location was quiet and convenient to the elevators.The room had ample room for everything we brought. There was a cute little mini bar, a vanity and chair, a small desk, good-sized television, and the bathroom was extremely well laid-out. The toilet, sink area & shower were all separate. The water got hot fast, the water pressure was great. Not a complaint I could think of about the small porthole cabin.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins