3. Norwegian Jade
We just returned from two weeks aboard the Jade. We were lucky enough to sail in a Garden Villa (14500) and while sailing in the Garden Villa no doubt increased our love of this vacation, I did sail on the Jade last year for two weeks in an ocean view stateroom with just my kids and had almost as much fun. Last year it was with two daughters and we loved every minute of this itinerary. I wanted to return with just my husband and so booked for our anniversary. This year Kusadasi was replaced with an extra stop in Santorini. The Kusadasi port was missed and the replacement Santorini day was overrun with several other ships in port while we were there. NCL does the suite life better than anyone and our two weeks onboard the Jade went way too fast. I understand the Jade is going into a pretty extensive dry dock soon and assume things such as carpeting and furnishings will be replaced. The master bed was the best sleep we’ve ever had and the pillows were the best as well. It’s been difficult adjusting to our bed back home, which prior to the cruise I thought was a great bed and pillows. We never utilized the Haven courtyard much but it appeared well stocked with juices, morning coffee, and Danish. Our room was well stocked too and our butler delivered a daily variety of savory and sweets that seemed always just what we wanted. He also kept us stocked in peanut m&m's. It was initially a little awkward with just the two of us in the GV as I think the butler and steward were accustomed to much more activity with an occupancy probably much higher than two but we got things figured out and ended up using the deck and outdoor area, hot tub for sail away, and loved coming back to the ship’s comforts and our room after long hot days in ports. We didn’t see much of the theater showings. Saw one elements show but typically retired to the villa which felt like a ship within even the Haven area. I noticed this year that the variety of music was much better. They had several acts and a few guys singing solo with guitar in the various public areas. They were incredible and appreciated. We also didn’t end up eating in Cagney’s much for the suite breakfast and lunch due to port intensive days and all the treats the butler delivered but the few times we did the food was good. We also enjoyed the food in Moderno, LeBistro and La Cucina. Liked Jasmine garden as well and the main dining room. Cagney’s was a miss on the night we had dinner but that could have been just a fluke. Overall I would not say the food was incredible, but it was fine and we certainly never went hungry. We loved the wings in Blue Lagoon. Ordered them with the sauce on the side. The only complaint we had, and it didn’t even affect us being in the Garden Villa because canned soda was included as well as bottles of water and the Lavassia coffee machine, is that the UBP does not include canned soda, water or specialty coffees. We don’t drink alcohol and were given the UBP as part of a booking perk. Granted it does include a glass of soda, which is often flat, and a person could have a mock tail on the plan but essentially it was a waste on us. I resorted to bringing a can of soda or a bottle of water with me to a meal just because it was included with my room but if I was in almost any other suite or room on the ship that would not be an option. I really wish NCL would offer a non-alcoholic beverage package like other lines do that included bottled water, canned soda, specialty coffees in the price, especially now that these items are banned from being brought on board. Since the Jade is soon in dry dock and at the tail end of this itinerary, I won’t go into too much detail about the ship other than we felt it was very well maintained, staff were excellent in all areas, service was superb in all venues, the relaxed atmosphere was appreciated and the passenger mix was truly diverse. I hear there were only 300 Americans on board. There were some kids but certainly not overrun (our sailing was September 24-October 8). You can tell that NCL strives to provide customers with a wonderful vacation and everyone we encountered seemed to be having a great time relaxing, enjoying the beautiful Jade and the ports of call. Pool areas did seem crowded but from what I could see from our room, there were always a few chairs available. On the one bad weather day I noticed the pool deck empty except a few in the hot tub and the indoor public areas a bit more bustling. This vacation definitely topped all previous vacations. I hated to walk off the last morning, knowing that given the high prices of the suites, I may never be able to afford the Garden Villa again. Omar the concierge and our butler Walter were fantastic. I wouldn’t hesitate to sail the Jade again and feel she is a beautiful ship.

By far the best vacation we've ever had

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by littlelulu01

littlelulu01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Garden Villa
Cabin H1 14500
I know the Jade will soon be in drydock but other than a few minor things the stateroom was in excellent shape. The bed is by far the best I've ever experienced, loved the Lavassia coffee machine, the hot tub, decks, bathrooms, living areas, butler, concierge...I'm still in disbelief that we were lucky enough to sail for two weeks in the garden villa and loved every second of it.
Deck 14 Suite Cabins