• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Vidar Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Hidden Treasures, Unexpected Gems, and a Great Time!

Review for Viking Vidar to Europe River
Grey_Girl_Goes_Everywhere
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2016
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom
Alsace, France.  We did a wine tasting excursion.  The wine was good, the s
This is the lovely Viking Vidar.
Floating down the Rhine we passed many interesting sights, like this fortre

We chose this trip for a variety of reasons, the cabin and cabin layout, the smaller and more interesting ports of call, some of which we'd never heard of before, but what we received from this trip was far beyond what we expected.

The tours were lively and informative, and when some of them became to strenuous for the slower members of our group, the Viking staff grouped up with another ship and modified parts to enable the less active a similar experience. The food was alway amazing - my only complaint was the extra pounds I brought home with me. :)

My mother was a little trepidatious about a cruise, since her one and only experience was a very poor one on a large Caribbean cruise. She called me up less than a month after returning home excited and hoping we could book another Viking Cruise... needless to say we've booked a longer cruise this time around.

Veranda Stateroom

The cabin was actually larger (or felt larger) than I expected. It was always clean and fresh. The veranda was nice, and offered a fun place to sit and watch the world go by while in transit.

3 Helpful Votes