We chose this cruise because of the itinerary. I have been to Spain and Portugal but always wanted to visit Morocco. We booked late and couldn't get the cabin we wanted so only had a window rather than veranda; our travel agent convinced us that we would be in port enough that the room wouldn't be an issue. She also lauded this cruise line and talked up the food. Well........wrong! The room was livable but the bathroom was a joke. It had one sink and absolutely no place to put one's make-up. I had to lay a towel over the sink for that. Also, since this attracts an older crowd, a magnifying mirror would have been nice but with limited space, I suppose that wasn't feasible. Shower was so small that I don't know how some of the larger travelers would be able to fit. Another small gripe was that cotton balls and swabs came in tiny boxes of about 3-4 and I had to ask for more. Stingy! On to the food. It was only fair and the plating was totally blah. One night I had a piece of salmon and about 5 green beans on a huge white dinner plate. No sauce, no garnish, nothing until a waiter came and offered something to sauce the fish. We were expecting gourmet at least in the Grand Dining Room with Jacque Pepin as the consultant. He would have been mortified. Even the Tuscan Room was nothing special. My S.O. had a shrimp cocktail appetizer which he couldn't eat since the giant shrimp were mushy. In the buffet things were ok and S.O. was happy with eating sushi. The ports of call were mostly good with the exception of Arrecife, Spain. We went into the "town" for about 1/2 hour and went right back to the ship. Most servers were professional but didn't show much personality. One was downright snobby, the maitre d' at dinner in the dining room. Maybe it was because we had a cabin in the basement? The 2 nights we went to dinner with friends from the 8th floor, they were greeted by name but we never were. Just saying......

Oceania a big let-down

Sirena Cruise Review by SLO2HI

SLO2HI’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Sirena price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin C1 4036
When we first got into the cabin, I found 2 things on the floor that showed it hadn't been vacuumed or inspected very carefully. One was a wrapped piece of candy and the other, a luggage tag of some other guest. Both large enough not to overlook! The young woman who was our steward mostly did a good job but never put the decorative pillows on the bed after making it up so they were always stacked up on our little love seat. Also, I think we went over a week w/o having the sheets changed and when I asked, I was told every 3 days but I know that wasn't so. Our main complain was the ridiculous size of the bathroom, especially shower.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins