The ship itself is well appointed and very well run. The food is VERY good....no question. There are 4 specialty restaurants on board. Red Ginger and Jacques are excellent, the Italian was ok and Polo was just ok. Our cabin was quite comfortable...good closet and storage. Bathroom was great. Terrific storage!! Good tub. Shower stall was too short for my very tall husband, 6'5", but he could shower in tub with the hand shower. The service was so good. Our "valet" David was personable, efficient and professional. Amazing how fast and well the AM cleanup takes place. The internet service is TERRIBLE: only one of us at a time could use it, very slow, spotty reception and difficult to get on. So mush so, that a visit to the business center where the internet help is located, had 40 people on the sign up sheet, on the second day worse on the first! But, the excursions were not good, and expensive. Even worse, one excursion, the one to the St Emillion region, and one of the reasons I booked this cruise, was cancelled....a few days before the cruise....and we only found out after several phone calls when we were unable to sign up online . When I say the excursions were not good, an example: an excursion to Bordeaux. We were taken to a vineyard by bus with a local guide to give back round. The vineyard and tasting was quite good. Then we were dropped in Bordeaux for 3 hours and told to "explore" on our own. Disappointing. Amsterdam and Barcelona (our last stop) were both delightful cities and well worth stopping over in. We spent 3 days in each. Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Long line for cabs in Barcelona but the wait went quickly, 15-20 minutes. Next time I would book a car through my hotel.

Mixed review