We chose this cruise for the ports. We flew into Barcelona on Sunday before the Tuesday cruise. We loved the Hilton, and had a great time viewing the sites. I had requested wheelchair access transportation, which was prompt and available at the airport. There was a delay getting to the ship, due to traffic. Our room was lovely, spacious and room for wheelchair turn around. there were 2 problems. Our adult daughter slept on the hide a bed, which had an uncomfortable bar in the middle. She put her mattress on the floor to sleep. Staff saw this and brought a second matress, which helped some. However, the sofa bed is just not comfortable. I had difficulties with the height of the bed. it is too high for a direct wheelchair transfer. Luckily my husband can help me, but this could be a problem for someone who has to transfer directly from chair to bed. The overall appearance of the ship is great. Lovely decor, everything is spotless. The service in the dining venues is prompt and friendly. The Asian restaurant did not seem to have enough staff the night we ate there. We did not participate in the ships shore excursions, since they were not accessible for a wheelchair user. We also did not go to the entertainment, as we were usually tired after a day of touring. We really appreciated the crew's assistance in helping me on and off of the ship, especially when the ramps were steep of stairs. The only real complaint was that the request for accessible transportation was not carried forward to leaving the ship to go to the hotel. This was a bit of an ordeal, but the staff did find a cab that worked for us. We had to pay for the cab, after we had paid for the transfers as part of the hotel price.

Great ports and good crew assistance to wheelchair user.

Marina Cruise Review by wheelchairtraveler

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

wheelchairtraveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B3 7087
Very clean, spacious. Good access for wheelchair.
Sofa bed was very uncomfortable for our adult daughter.
Beds are a little too high for direct wheelchair to bed transfer.
Staff efficient.