We went on a Seabourn cruise because we had been on the Seabourn Legend several years ago which we thoroughly enjoyed and were impressed with the accommodation, food and customer service. However, our recent Seabourn cruise on the Sojourn was a huge disappointment for the following reasons
* Smoking allowed on balconies which means that if you don't smoke but your neighbour does then their smoke can drift onto your balcony which is very unpleasant.
* Breakfast cereals in boxes rather than silos where you can take a small amount of several cereals. Did not have any (Branston) pickle and could not get any during the 17 day cruise. Did not have any peanut butter at breakfast they had to go to room service to get some and I had finished breakfast when it arrived
* Suite generally good but cheap Ikea type furniture and fittings. On the bed there was no lighter weight alternative available to rather heavy duvet. Very small tv screen and very poor choice of tv channels. Suite sound insulation very poor. We could hear guests in the next door suite clearly. Had to phone reception to complain at 12.00 midnight when they were making a noise. Noise from suites above us also intrusive. Guest slamming doors above woke us during night.
* Very noisy docking with unpleasant juddering when ship had to back in to dock. Extremely loud noise when anchor dropped at each port, usually very early in morning, making it impossible to sleep.
* Twin sinks with central mixer taps that can be rotated through 180 degrees to allow comfortable rinsing of face during washing. Large good quality soft feather pillows.
Good shower cubicle with rotatable shower head. Good firm king-sized bed.
Had great tapas meal in restaurant called Felice
Enjoyed walk around town and hop on hop off bus tour
We walked around town which was rather run down
Enjoyed walk around town and marina
walked around town which was run down and very busy with traffic fumes
Enjoyed walk around town
Enjoyed walk around town and hop on hop off bus tour. Visited casino and classic car museum.
Enjoyed walk around town and seafront.