• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

White Pass & Yukon Railway
Inside Passage
More Scenic Cruising along the Inside Passage
Calving of a Glacier
Mama Bear and her Cubs getting ready for lunch.
Salmon sure tastes good.
Victoria, BC
Chihuly Museum in Seattle

This was our first time on the Crown Princess. Our destination was Alaska - the Inside Passage. We flew into Seattle on embarkation day and utilized the transfer from the airport to the ship. It was somewhat chaotic with all the buses that needed to be loaded but we were glad that we didn't have to handle the luggage. Check in was easy at the Port considering the number of people that were cruising. Our luggage arrived to the room earlier than anticipated as we were told not to expect it before 7 PM. That wasn't the case at all.

Our mini-suite was comfortable and spacious compared to other cruise line staterooms. I liked the combination bath-shower; it didn't make me feel claustrophobic. I don't see the point of two television sets; one facing the bed; the other facing the couch. It seems to me that one television could have been put on a swivel base.

When we booked our cruise, we requested a specific dining time and a table for 6. We were sat a table for 2 but the adjacent table for 2 was so close, we became friends with the other couple and enjoyed our dinners together. If they cannot accommodate a request, it should be communicated prior to embarkation. The buffet lines were long and finding a table was difficult. Fortunately, everyone was kind and willing to share their tables. It was a great way to meet other cruisers. Dinner was mediocre at best although my husband disagrees. The portions were ridiculously large, I would have preferred smaller portions and better quality. Our preferences were remembered by the waiters and junior waiters. They went out of their way to make our anniversary special with a wonderful dessert.

Mini-Suite with Balcony