3. Norwegian Dawn
We chose to get married in Bermuda, and sailing on the Dawn to get there seemed convenient and cost effective for us. We ended up bringing over 60 of our friends and family aboard with us. In a word it was AMAZING!!!!! This was for me, and many of my guests, a first time cruising. I have to admit, I was getting nervous as there are A LOT of negative reviews out there on the Dawn. Don't be fooled, if you are a fun, down-to-earth, easy-going person, you will have the time of your life on this cruise! THE SHIP: The Dawn recently underwent a refurbish right before we came aboard. It was beautiful! The pool area was a lot of fun- we spent a ton of time on the pool deck. I'll admit the pool could be bigger, but it didn't hinder our experience. Drinks were flowing, music was pumping, and the sun was shining- what's not to like?? The Stardust Theater is very nice, not a bad seat in the house. Bliss Lounge (dance club) was great too, lots of room to dance. One thing important to note, is that I was shocked at how much I could feel the boat moving. It didn't bother me, but if you're someone who gets seasick, I would highly recommend you get the patch. Apparently the seas between Boston and Bermuda are known to be a little rough. Nothing crazy, but I was very surprised as I thought I wouldn't be able to notice it at all. THE FOOD: To my surprise, the food was fantastic! We didn't opt to eat at any specialty restaurants. We just stuck to the main dining areas that are included in your cruise. It was so much fun at dinner- every night I got an appetizer, entree, and dessert (or two!) If you didn't like what you got, or simply just wanted to try something else, the servers are more than happy to bring you another meal, and the best part? IT'S FREE! Many of my guests did opt for at least one specialty dining. The feedback I got was that it was 10 times better than the free dining (which we all agreed was already pretty good!) If I do this cruise again, I'll likely be booking at least one specialty dining night. We ate breakfast at the Garden Cafe mostly everyday. This is a buffet with millions of selections. Again, if you're on a budget, even the free buffet was pretty good and open all day long! THE ENTERTAINMENT: Probably one of the best pieces of advice I can give you is to get the Norwegian iConcierge app. It's $9.95, but totally worth it. It allows you to text other people on board who have the app, keep track of your on board account (how much $$ you're spending), and also gives you an hourly calendar of events going on around the ship. We had so many people with us, without the app it would have been hard to stay connected with everyone. It is slightly difficult to set up, but once you get it- it's super easy to use. There is ALWAYS something going on, on board...and for all ages! We had quite a few kids with us. My flower girl who is 5 absolutely LOVED the kids club. She would beg to go there, and ask us to come back later when we would pick her up! Some fun things we did that I would recommend include: Thrillusionist Show, Deal or No Deal Game Show, Not-so-Newlyweds Game Show, White Party (NOT TO BE MISSED!), Comic Show, Karaoke, the Casino. THE SERVICE: The service was top-notch. I truly felt like all they wanted was for me to be happy! Again, I read some pretty terrible reviews about rude servers- and quite honestly, I'm wondering if they were on the same ship??? We got the Ultimate Beverage Package included with our cruise (thank god, because I think the drinks are ridiculously expensive if you don't have it!) We never had trouble getting drinks. I did find that if I tipped a server around the pool area, they came around a lot more often- which was great and I didn't mind throwing out an extra $20, they deserved it. Our cabin steward, Nick was absolutely outstanding. He knew us by name after only about 10 minutes of us being on the ship. He also knew we were getting married on the trip, so he made it extra special for us. Everyday we had some new, awesome towel animal and a perfectly spotless room. On the night of our wedding, we came back to our cabin to a huge "CONGRATULATIONS" sign, balloons, our names spelled out in chocolate mints on the bed, and a bride, groom, and heart made out of towels. It was just the cherry on top of the most perfect night of my life. BERMUDA: Bermuda is gorgeous, and by far the nicest beach I have ever been to. Horseshoe Bay is breath taking and shouldn't be missed. The great thing about Bermuda, unlike most other islands I've been to is that the poverty rate is extremely low. You feel safe walking mostly anywhere! I loved that. But, that does come at a price--and a very expensive one. Bermuda is VERY, VERY expensive. I'm not kidding- two eggs, with nothing on the side- $18!!! Beware, I highly suggest eating on the boat. We did the mopeds which was super fun, but definitely dangerous. You drive on the opposite side of the road, and you don't really know where you're going. If you're comfortable on a moped, it's worth a try for sure! Only $105 for a 24 hour rental of a double (two person) moped, I thought that was a pretty good deal! We also did a Jet Ski Snorkel Adventure...it was a blast!! The snorkeling kind of sucked, didn't see much other than murky seaweed, but the jet skis made up for it! We also chartered a private yacht called UberVida for our wedding. We did a sunset cruise, and it was absolutely beautiful. If you have a large group and are interested in some kind of private charter, contact Roxi at Ubervida--it was amazing and not nearly as expensive as it sounds!! Overall, this was the most fun trip of my life. The cruise was great, but I can tell you that you make your own fun. All these people writing terrible reviews clearly don't know how to make the most of where you are and who you're with. If you're in the Boston area and looking for a fun, inexpensive trip for your family- travel on the Dawn!

Unforgettable Wedding Cruise with 60+ Family & Friends

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4552
The cabin was small, but honestly not as small as I was expecting. It was perfect for me and my groom! And like I said earlier in this review, our cabin steward kept it immaculate, so it was just fine. I did like having the porthole at least to see the weather, and for additional light. But in my opinion, I wouldn't splurge for a larger room for only two people...if you're cruising right, you shouldn't be in it much!!!!! :)
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins