3. Carnival Freedom
We haven't been on Carnival in over 10 years, we used to cruise a lot before we had kids so we waited until they were old enough to enjoy themselves. Our oldest is 11 and the youngest is 6 and this was his first cruise. I will start off with it was a piece of cake to get on the ship which only took about 15 minutes. This trip I spent the $ and got into a suite because I knew a regular balcony cabin would be too small with the four of us. I was very pleased with the cabin and it's size which is about double that of a balcony cabin. Our cabin steward was a nice guy and knew our names from day one and did a great job taking care of us. Now to the cruise, we found the food choices and quality to be excellent. We loved Guys burgers by the pool on deck 9, by far one of the best burgers I've ever had. We are gamblers and we found the casino to be top notch with modern games and the staff was excellent and treated us as good as any Las Vegas casino. I did very well in the casino and the comps they gave us were excellent which included diner in the steak house, robes and towels and free cookies every night in our room which the kids loved. The kids enjoyed the kids club on the ship and looked forward to going there every day. Here are some of the issues we had that caused me to only leave three stars for the trip. We found that there were some issues with what I call nickel and diming people on the ship. The internet service was very pricey and was horrible if you want me to pay $80 for internet service for the week it should be quick and work well which it didn't. I wish I had just paid for it when I needed it which was the three days at sea. The days we were in port the service on my phone was great and I was able to check my mail without a problem. Prior to leaving I had booked three shore trips, one of which got canceled and we didn't find out about that until we got on the ship. We also found out that if you booked your trip once you reached the shore you could save 50 to 75% rather than booking it on the boat. So next time I will pick out what we want to do and go see the operator on shore and pay them directly. We purchased the bottomless soda program for each of us but was kind of put back to see the .14 charge every time I got a soda for gratuity even when I went up to the bar myself to get it. My kids wanted to swim but the pools were so jammed up with drunk adults every day they didn't want to go . I would really like to see a family or kids only pool set up along with adult only pools. If you are a drinker I would suggest buying the unlimited drink packages. We are not heavy drinkers but $14.99 for a tropical drink in a plastic fish cup was a bit much and $5 for a beer. The big disappointment was leaving the ship. From the time we left the ship and got our bags we waited in line to clear customs for 1 hour and 25 minutes standing on concrete. When I complained to the DHS guy about this he told me Carnival is the only ship line that does this by letting people off the ship to fast. My suggestion is don't leave your luggage outside of your door the night before and hand carry you luggage off the boat. They let those passengers off first and that would have been the way to go.

Great trip but there were some issues.

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by lordbaron

lordbaron’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 7315
Nice cabin very roomy, AC didn't work that well and there are limited plugs so you might want to bring a power strip with you so you can plug several things into.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins